ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few queries about visa extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VWS

Few queries about visa extension

Post by VWS » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi Members

Hope you are all doing good. I just need to clarify few questions which are as follows:

I applied on 5th Oct and so far haven't received any acknowledgement or bio-metric letter although the application was received on 6th Oct and fee was deducted on 7th Oct.

What do you suggest can I email home office and also if I ask them that am i allowed to carry on my business activities as normal? will they reply to this because this has been asked where my company has a contract.

Also if I hire a person during the time my application is with home office, will his employment be counted from the month after I receive my visa to complete 24 months of job criteria?

Lastly, is there any chance to get any travel documents arranged if the visa takes long as its a very important family function I have to attend? if yes what are the requirements and how long it takes and will this be a wise move?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Few queries about visa extension

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:02 pm

I applied on 5th Oct and so far haven't received any acknowledgement or bio-metric letter although the application was received on 6th Oct and fee was deducted on 7th Oct.
You need to wait. Waiting times have increased significantly
What do you suggest can I email home office and also if I ask them that am i allowed to carry on my business activities as normal? will they reply to this because this has been asked where my company has a contract.
Other companies should NOT care about your personal immigration status. If they do, you are working in capacity of their employee and that is against the Tier 1E rules.
Also if I hire a person during the time my application is with home office, will his employment be counted from the month after I receive my visa to complete 24 months of job criteria?
Yes, the time you are waiting to hear back is technically your initial period being extended. You need 24 months of employment after your visa is granted
Lastly, is there any chance to get any travel documents arranged if the visa takes long as its a very important family function I have to attend? if yes what are the requirements and how long it takes and will this be a wise move?
Yes, you can ask for your passport without withdrawing your application but travel will not be possible, given you do not have a valid BRP to enter back in.
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice