ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bathanza

5 year visit visa

Post by bathanza » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:54 pm

Hello

I have a family member in Pakistan who has been visiting the UK on a standard 6 month visa to visit family.

We now want to arrange a 5 year visa to make it easier for her to come to the uk to visit.

She is retired with strong ties in the UK. She has visited the UK twice already this year totalling approx 3 months total stay in this year.

She has returned to Pakistan within visa validity and we want to plan forward.

Some people say wait 6 months then apply for the visit visa.

Some say 3 months. Any member advice would be grateful to ensure a successful application. We have a wedding to plan dependant on her arrival. Many thanks.

bathanza

Re: 5 year visit visa

Post by bathanza » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:55 pm

In addition she has had 3 or 4 6 month visit visas in the past 5 years and has never over stayed.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:57 pm

bathanza wrote:In addition she has had 3 or 4 6 month visit visas in the past 5 years and has never over stayed.
The strong ties to the UK won't be in her favour. She needs to submit evidence of strong ties to her home country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:03 pm

Yup, shouldn't be a problem. Her mother is still around and dependant on her.

Worst case scenario will apply for 6 month again.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:06 am

Make sure that she doesn't ever look as if she is living here, in fact if not in law. 6 months' stay in the UK out of any 12 months is a very useful guide.

Also make sure that she doesn't use any public services (such as the NHS) and that she had proper health insurance covering the UK; if she had a bad accident or a nasty illness, the costs would be high.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:32 am

avjones wrote:Make sure that she doesn't ever look as if she is living here, in fact if not in law. 6 months' stay in the UK out of any 12 months is a very useful guide.

Also make sure that she doesn't use any public services (such as the NHS) and that she had proper health insurance covering the UK; if she had a bad accident or a nasty illness, the costs would be high.
+1

Also, any unpaid NHS bill of over £500, outstanding for more than 3 months is likely to result in a refusal of future visa applications under 320(11) of the Immigration Rules.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.