ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for OCI, What if I need to travel urgently to India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Applied for OCI, What if I need to travel urgently to India

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:32 am

Hi All,

I have recently applied for OCI and I hold a British passport through Naturalization.
I see that the timelines for OCI is very long and I am assuming it will take another 2-3 months

Now incase if I have to travel to India for any unforseen reasons what is the best and quick way to travel.
I assume I will return back in 30 days..
Is there Visa on Arrival in India just like what we experience in Dubai.. when I recently to Dubai on a British passport I was allowed into the country just by checking the passport and no paper work whatsoever..

Do we have some similiar option if I arrive at Chennai or Hyderabad airport or say Mumbai with some sort of paperwork ??

Earlier I applied for Entry Visa (Multiple Entry) where I was allowed to stay for an year but visa process takes atleast 4-5 working days... This is the only Travel process I know while I hold British passport.. Please let me know..if there are any easy alternatives..

rmukherjee

Re: Applied for OCI, What if I need to travel urgently to In

Post by rmukherjee » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:26 am

IndiMarshall wrote:Now incase if I have to travel to India for any unforseen reasons what is the best and quick way to travel.
The Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVOA) is a good option. It's cheaper than standard tourist visas and can be used twice a year, and is a single-entry 30 day visa.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: Applied for OCI, What if I need to travel urgently to In

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:07 pm

rmukherjee wrote:
IndiMarshall wrote:Now incase if I have to travel to India for any unforseen reasons what is the best and quick way to travel.
The Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVOA) is a good option. It's cheaper than standard tourist visas and can be used twice a year, and is a single-entry 30 day visa.
Thank you, I will check the link and if needed I will ask more questions..