ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Time Limit Stamp- EU National

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LordSid
Newly Registered

No Time Limit Stamp- EU National

Post by LordSid » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:26 pm

Good Evening,

I am a German Citizen. I have lived in the UK for approximately 15 years. I was granted a "no time limit" permanent residency in 2005. However, my passport expired and I have a new passport which does not have a stamp.

Nevertheless, I have a letter from Home office which specifies I have a permanent residency. The letter mentions that if I replace my passport I should send my new passport along with the letter to Lunar House in Croydon to get it stamped. But I am aware they have now abolished stamping the passport. In the circumstances, do I apply for a permanent residency card? OR shall I just write to them and see what they say considering the application form is some pages and is for people who are applying for the first time.

If i do apply for residency card, then which form should I use considering I already have this to save time.

Any assistance in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: No Time Limit Stamp- EU National

Post by ohara » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:36 am

You have ILR (indefinite leave to remain) under the UK regulations, rather than permanent residence under the EEA regulations.

The ILR is still valid (assuming you have not broken continuity of residence) even though it's in an expired passport. If you have ambitions of British citizenship, the ILR will qualify you for that.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: No Time Limit Stamp- EU National

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:37 pm

ohara wrote:You have ILR (indefinite leave to remain) under the UK regulations, rather than permanent residence under the EEA regulations.

The ILR is still valid (assuming you have not broken continuity of residence) even though it's in an expired passport. If you have ambitions of British citizenship, the ILR will qualify you for that.
I have a HO letter dating back to 1984 which gave me ILR/PR, also had a stamp in my then passport and the EEC Residence Permit Card also stamped. I just used the letter and old residence card for my BC application which was approved just now. I had no break in my residence which I proved with a reference letter from my employer.
I guess the HO letter alone should be sufficient.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.