ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview for extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cappachino
Member of Standing

Interview for extension

Post by cappachino » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:29 pm

Hello all
I fail to understand why are some extension applications rejected after interview. Especially seeing that the rejection is based on incorrect or incomplete documents and nothing to do with the interview.
And all along most of us were thinking if called for an interview means the documents submitted were correct.
Is it not a waste of time for HO and us?
Unnecessary torture for months, wondering if we have made an error in our application or documents.

kingraja

Re: INTERVIEW FOR EXTENTION

Post by kingraja » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:53 pm

cappachino wrote:Hello all
I fail to understand why are some extension applications rejected after interview. Especially seeing that the rejection is based on incorrect or incomplete documents and nothing to do with the interview.
And all along most of us were thinking if called for an interview means the documents submitted were correct.
Is it not a waste of time for HO and us?
Unnecessary torture for months, wondering if we have made an error in our application or documents.
Good question! I think this is their trick to gain some time when they are not able to open someone's file they call him for interview & we have seen this in many cases here, I totally agree with you waste of time.
rajathegreat

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:27 am

No one really can answer this question as we have no inside knowledge of how HO approaches applications.
However I suspect that they first run a risk assessment on each application and determine if interview or detailed investigation is necessary. Then they split the task on possibly multiple teams. I only heard one person to be rejected after interview for unacceptable evidence and that was possibly because the interview team conducted the interview first and before full documentary investigation by the caseworker.
JUST A SPECULATION :roll:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:41 am

I agree its any ones guess.
But there are a few cases where the interview have been conducted and application is rejected after.
Most recently Anna2016, Amarfa2 and Awan905.
My guess is, to make the rejection more robust interview is conducted to fish for additional reason.
Also surprisingly they are not asked any questions related to the rejection reason.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Interview for extension

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:49 am

I am less inclined to believe the fishing conspiracy theory :lol: , could be just that the documents are being processed with a huge delay
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:53 am

zimba88 wrote:I am less inclined to believe the fishing conspiracy theory :lol: , could be just that the documents are being processed with a huge delay
But then is it not adding more work for HO to conduct interviews and they do need to get it authorized by their superior.

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:17 am

It is a bit strange that home office works in this way. In my case they called me for interview, however later rejected the application based on some missing documents and some documents which case worker did not check.

Now, the points which they raised to refuse the application they didnot ask me any question in the interview. They asked standard set of questions which other members put on this forum and some questions related to my business such as tax, turnover, marketing, etc.

What I can say and see here is this that HO only called me for interview in order to gain more time, because they did not check my application properly. They took almost 5 and half months.