ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Completing 10 years while extension is in process

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mcr2013

Completing 10 years while extension is in process

Post by mcr2013 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:18 pm

Dear all

My friend applied for T1 ENTREPRENEUR extension on 23rd of MAY 2016, He has not got any reply so far so the problem is he is completing 10 years on 10th of January 2017 according to UK entry n 12 of December 2016 according to visa stamp. So he has few questions in his mind and ur valuable comments would be highly appreciated
1 what should he do now either wait for outcome of extension or apply for ILR on the basis of 10 years
2 if he applies for ILR on the Base of 10 years without waiting for outcome of extension Wat impact it will make
3 home office counts 10 years from.the date of entry to UK or the date on visa
4 how before he can apply for ILR 14 days or 28 days

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Completing 10 years while extension is in process

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:33 pm

1 what should he do now either wait for outcome of extension or apply for ILR on the basis of 10 years
If he meets the requirements for ILR, he can apply to vary his current application to ILR LR.
2 if he applies for ILR on the Base of 10 years without waiting for outcome of extension Wat impact it will make
No impact, but how will he apply if he does not have his documents. He needs to apply to vary his application.
3 home office counts 10 years from.the date of entry to UK or the date on visa
Date of ENTRY for long residence.
4 how before he can apply for ILR 14 days or 28 days
Anytime WITHIN 28 days of reaching 10 years residence from date of ENTRY.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

paru.org
India

Re: Completing 10 years while extension is in process

Post by paru.org » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:26 am

An applicant can vary an application at any time before a decision is made on it. They can do this if they want to be considered for a grant of leave on a different basis to their initial application.
If the applicant wishes to vary their leave for a purpose where a specified application form is required, they must complete the new form and meet all the requirements of paragraph 34A of the Immigration Rules and the Immigration (Health Charge) Order 2015, for the variation to be valid.
A person who varies their application does not have to pay an additional fee unless the new ground they want to be considered under has a higher fee than their original application. In this case, they must pay the difference between the original fee and the new higher fee.
Page 57 of 136 Guidance – Specified application forms and procedures – version 18 Published for Home Office staff on 18 March 2016: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... procedures
Variation application made following initial application – the applicant will pay the immigration health surcharge with the application. Some, or all of, the surcharge paid with the initial application will be refunded…..: Page 28 of 136 Guidance – Specified application forms and procedures – version 18 Published for Home Office staff on 18 March 2016: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... procedures
One need to fill the current application while applying for any Immigration application on that date .... ((Whoever, booked for Premium before and then need to fill the latest application while applying.... ((Sometime, the Caseworker don't even listen what expressed by the UKVI Customer Advisor.... ((For all Premium booking NO need to fill the Payment section in the application ... just attach the payment confirmation print out ..... ((Please have a look : Specified forms and procedures for applications or claims in connection with immigration : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -in-the-uk
nicefriendzz wrote:Hi dear respected members actually my situation is same as above mention i have applied for tier1 ent extension first week of June still i am waiting for outcome and my 10 years completing in January 2017.i also have few question in my mind and i request to zimba88 ,cr001 and other respected members can guide me when you guys have a time.
1.can i use the premium service?if yes
1.what is the process to vary the application if there is no outcome of tir1 ent ext .ifi use premium service?
2.how long before do i need to do vary the application?
3.Do i need to approach HO to get back documents such as passport and other documents before going to use premium service?
4.can i apply 28 days before of completing the 10 years?(i am bit confused because of new law will implement 24th of november regarding the 14 days period
i will be highly appreciate if you guys please reply me when you can.thanks