ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info about us from our country?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chimerka
Newly Registered

Info about us from our country?

Post by chimerka » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:33 am

Hi, a girl applied for PR was asking home office worker about processing time and he told her, that processing time depends on how fast her country will reply with information about her. This is completely new to me, HO is contacting our countries about us? I applied for PR 2 months ago, just after my wedding, as I gave my passport to HO I couldn't go to embassy register my marriage, but my embassy told me I can register my marriage anytime, some people do it yearslater. They also told me that they don't provide home office any info about me. Now I am worried , because in my PR application I ticked Missis, as I am married , but info about me could say , that I am single. I don't want to have my PR application refused for this reason. As I married British man in Las Vegas , my husband didn't have to register his marriage in UK, which is new thing from 2015 is British people get married abroad they don't register their marriage. Thank you

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: Info about us from our country?

Post by ohara » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:37 am

What exactly is your question :?:

There's no need to panic. The "advisers" on the UKVI helpline are clueless and give out wrong information all the time. Unless you have stated that you have criminal history in your home country, I highly doubt the UK will be contacting them.

Also there is no requirement to "register" a marriage in the UK. If your marriage is legally recognised in the country where it was performed, the UK will recognise it also. No need to do anything else.