ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension rejected

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

punithadevi
Newly Registered

Tier 2 extension rejected

Post by punithadevi » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi, I need to apply for tier 2 general on extension on march 2017. Do i need to maintail any money for 90 days?

hopeforall9
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 extension rejected

Post by hopeforall9 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:44 pm

i was under the impression that when you go for a Tier 2 General Extension, you don't need to have bank statements to prove maintenance funds. im about to do my extension application so that would be good to clarify if i need them or not.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:48 pm

If it's an extension with the same employer and under the same SOC code, you don't need to provide maintenance proof.

punithadevi
Newly Registered

Post by punithadevi » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:20 pm

thank u:)

punithadevi
Newly Registered

Post by punithadevi » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:34 pm

One more question.

i have traveled to India a lot last year nearly 120 days for my wedding and for may other.
but after last nov 2015, i didn't travel anywhere of uk. and it been a year now so planning to go to India for a month will it affects my visa extension on march 2017?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:45 pm

punithadevi wrote:One more question.

i have traveled to India a lot last year nearly 120 days for my wedding and for may other.
but after last nov 2015, i didn't travel anywhere of uk. and it been a year now so planning to go to India for a month will it affects my visa extension on march 2017?

Im not sure if this will affect your extension but it must be surely accounted for when you apply for ILR. By the way, how did you manage to spend 120 days outside UK if you are on Tier 2 visa? I guess you only have like 28 days of holiday per year. This might create problems in the future if your employer cannot account for those time you spent outside UK. You need to be careful. Tier 2 visa is not as flexible as you think.

Again this is just my opinion.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

punithadevi
Newly Registered

Post by punithadevi » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:08 pm

I was doing working from home and also this 120 days is not continuous. its on diff duration . my maximum duration was 1 month continualy not more than that