ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vimal
Newly Registered

Regarding bank statements

Post by Vimal » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:54 pm

Hello Friends,

I have some query in earning section. I received bank statement from HSBC bank on request. But statement has ‘Duplicate’ typed in it. I spoke to bank and they are saying as this is duplicate copy, they have printed the same. Will this be an issue as the guidance says only original bank statements should be submitted. I can get the statements sealed and signed. Only evidence for my earning I am going to provide is salary slip + bank statement.
Can some one please advice me on this?
Thanks.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:42 pm

It's better to get your bank statements signed and sealed in ur case

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:02 pm

I submitted the same thing from hsbc, those are just as good as the originals, It just means it was reissued.

kiladik

Bank statements

Post by kiladik » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:37 am

Hi,

Do we need signature from the Bank. I have taken the bank statement but its only stamped but not signed. There is a point at the end of statements saying "This is computer generated statement and does not require signature." I asked them but got the reply they will not do any signatures only the bank details stamp is given.

Regards
KK

Vimal
Newly Registered

Post by Vimal » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:20 am

Thanks for all your reply ...
@SYH : - Did the new statement issued had duplicate typed in it.??
Well ..even the statement which i have received are good as orgnials... only issue 'Dupliate' typed in it..
SYH wrote:I submitted the same thing from hsbc, those are just as good as the originals, It just means it was reissued.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:10 am

Vimal wrote:Thanks for all your reply ...
@SYH : - Did the new statement issued had duplicate typed in it.??
Well ..even the statement which i have received are good as orgnials... only issue 'Dupliate' typed in it..
SYH wrote:I submitted the same thing from hsbc, those are just as good as the originals, It just means it was reissued.
I just said I submitted the same thing.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:37 am

Above conversation does not appear conclusive to me as the person who endorsed Duplicate statement has been BANNED!. Also not sure if statements were accepted.

I like to ask if it is fine to use Duplicate statements? They are delivered by post, are on standard stationary of bank but have Copy word imprinted on template of the statement.

Thanks,
Rajesh.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:02 am

rajesh9pl wrote:Above conversation does not appear conclusive to me as the person who endorsed Duplicate statement has been BANNED!. Also not sure if statements were accepted.

I like to ask if it is fine to use Duplicate statements? They are delivered by post, are on standard stationary of bank but have Copy word imprinted on template of the statement.

Thanks,
Rajesh.
Then why don't you pm the op but clearly the banned person was saying it was submitted and accepted. Being banned doesn't invalidate the information given.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:19 am

republique wrote:
rajesh9pl wrote:Above conversation does not appear conclusive to me as the person who endorsed Duplicate statement has been BANNED!. Also not sure if statements were accepted.

Thanks,
Rajesh.
Then why don't you pm the op but clearly the banned person was saying it was submitted and accepted. Being banned doesn't invalidate the information given.
He never said they were accepted. Without knowing the reason, no one can guratanee he was not banned for providing false information.

ra_njan

HSBC statement

Post by ra_njan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:23 am

I have submitted HSBC statements which are printed on a plain simple paper, not even any bank letterhead. I told them I was not happy on that but they said it is the bank policy around the globe and they signed with bank seal on that.

Still I was not happy with the statement. Then I took printout of my e-mail statement which is in proper format and having HSBC logo on to it. I went to bank again and made them put sign and seal on to that also.

I am still waiting for the decision. Will reply once decison was taken for my case.
Ranjan

Tier 1 Applied from VFS Hyderabad on 6th June 2008
ra_njan
---------------
Tier 1 Fresh Application from India
Application Date - 6th June 2008 from VFS Hyderabad
Fees taken - 6th June
Ref No. Allocated - 6th June
Status - Approved on 1st July
Documents Received - 3rd July

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:10 am

rajesh9pl wrote:
republique wrote:

Thanks,
Rajesh.
He never said they were accepted. Without knowing the reason, no one can guratanee he was not banned for providing false information.
First of all, if you read other posts, you will see other people have submitted duplicate statements. Duplicate statement means they are exact copies and in this case reissued by the authority who produces so it makes it authentic. Copies which were photocopied on a copier can be tampered with which is why the HO won't accept internet statements and such. You need to use a little common sense here. I find strange how people like you are taking the most extreme view of things. It is on the verge of paranoid. If you continue to do so, then you will not get very far. If you are going to take this kind of stance, then you need to be more proactive and to go to the HO site which spells out what is acceptable. In fact, I notice that they have become more accepting of electronic statements under certain conditions. I find the naysayers like you do very little contribute or help people like the OP who come here for guidance. So how helpful is I wouldn't take that person word for it because he was banned. Then go find the information for the OP and show why it isn't helpful. Or PM the OP like I suggested earlier instead of saying no, no no to everything someone says. You are not being constructive at all.

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:23 pm

I dont think a person being banned gives wrong information.
Regarding bank statements , duplicate statement will not be like original but they are issued by bank. They are valid because it is sent by bank on request.
If still you feel it is not safe then take printout of your e-statements and get them sealed from bank.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:23 am

I actually read the HO New guidance on tier1 2-3 times just to be sure and found that apparently in regards to the bank statements till the time they are on banks stationery and stamed (if they are not orignal) they should be ok: i am just trying to double check that here with someone, so plz advise!

I had a trouble in getting the copies of my bank statements from abbey bank as they are really shit. but after trying for long time i only managed to get a min statement print outs not from the cash machine but from the bank counter itself on there letter headed paper for the whole 6months period and got it stamped from them aswell.

will it be good enough??

kind regards

Grant

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:17 pm

** Duplicate Post**
It is understandable that you are eager to apply for Tier 1 and want to get all the answers. Even if you post your query at one place, people *will* respond to it if they have any suggestions to give.

regards
grant1 wrote:I actually read the HO New guidance on tier1 2-3 times just to be sure and found that apparently in regards to the bank statements till the time they are on banks stationery and stamed (if they are not orignal) they should be ok: i am just trying to double check that here with someone, so plz advise!

I had a trouble in getting the copies of my bank statements from abbey bank as they are really shit. but after trying for long time i only managed to get a min statement print outs not from the cash machine but from the bank counter itself on there letter headed paper for the whole 6months period and got it stamped from them aswell.

will it be good enough??

kind regards

Grant