ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I change the register office for ceremony!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Can I change the register office for ceremony!

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:45 am

Morning all ,
I received my approval however the register office for ceremony is under a differant council . And they have ceremornies once a month .

I was wonder if I can request to change the registrar office to the council which I fall under . Is it a long process? And more importantly if this is possible ?

Regards

Casa

Re: Can I change the register office for ceremony!

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:01 am

It's possible, but a lengthy process.

The current Council have to return the paperwork to the Home Office who will then (eventually) notify the new Council.....
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:25 am

Oh no
I can't be asked to go through that lengthy process again .
Will stick to the Same
Thanks

Casa wrote:It's possible, but a lengthy process.

The current Council have to return the paperwork to the Home Office who will then (eventually) notify the new Council.....

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:01 am

Son_of_Soil wrote:Oh no
I can't be asked to go through that lengthy process again .
Will stick to the Same
Thanks

Casa wrote:It's possible, but a lengthy process.

My husband was in the same situation and decided to stick with the venue he'd been given.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.