ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working full time on Tier 4 student visa after graduation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

geet_k
Newly Registered

Working full time on Tier 4 student visa after graduation

Post by geet_k » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:10 pm

Hi

I am currently on Tier 4 student visa valid till Feb 2017. I have graduated from UK and recently got a job offer from a company in UK.
The company has requested for additional ucos from the Home Office for me as they currently do not have any spare certificates of sponsorship. I want to know if I can start work full time with them while they await response from Home Office for allocation of ucos. I checked the guidance for Tier 2 and Tier 4 migrants and it mentions that I can start employment after graduation while I am awaiting result of Tier2 application.
I'm wondering if it is okay to start full time work in my situation since I have technically not yet applied for Tier 2 visa and going by the forum, the average time being taken to allocate ucos is atleast 4 weeks!

Thanks
G

harshitguptaiitr
India

Re: Working full time on Tier 4 student visa after graduatio

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:26 am

geet_k wrote: I'm wondering if it is okay to start full time work in my situation since I have technically not yet applied for Tier 2 visa
You shouldn't start the employment. Because:

1. You or your employer wont be able to prove your right to work.
2. You will have trouble in applying for settlement 5 years later because a case worker will see this as a breach of immigration rules.
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Working full time on Tier 4 student visa after graduatio

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:36 pm

geet_k wrote:I'm wondering if it is okay to start full time work in my situation since I have technically not yet applied for Tier 2 visa and going by the forum, the average time being taken to allocate ucos is atleast 4 weeks!
Yes, it is fine, as long as it is not a permanent job. But whether your employer is happy to pretty much fabricate a temporary job for you is another question, and the answer is probably no. You need to speak to the HR at your employer for advice about this.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

rajrahul32001
Newly Registered
India

Re: Working full time on Tier 4 student visa after graduation

Post by rajrahul32001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi,

If my employer agrees to give me a temporary contract till my tier 4 visa end date and then a permanent contract when they apply for tier 2 visa at the end of my tier 4 visa, is that ok?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Working full time on Tier 4 student visa after graduation

Post by sah10406 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:39 pm

rajrahul32001 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:25 pm
If my employer agrees to give me a temporary contract till my tier 4 visa end date and then a permanent contract when they apply for tier 2 visa at the end of my tier 4 visa, is that ok?
See previous answer. It is a question for your employer.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.