ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tenancy Agreement-Documents For Tier 2 Dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gautham
Newly Registered

Tenancy Agreement-Documents For Tier 2 Dependent visa

Post by Gautham » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Hello Guys,

I will soon be applying a dependent visa for my wife and I am aware of the documents that are required.

My question is I have already included her name in the tenancy agreement (I have rented a house in the UK) which is from the month of October. Will this cause any issue as she is actually not in UK? Can I submit this document as such while applying the T2 visa.

Do let me know!

Regards,
Gautham

WRWR
Russia

Re: Tenancy Agreement-Documents For Tier 2 Dependent visa

Post by WRWR » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:03 pm

It's really weird.

New rules for tenancy agreements were implemented recently. All landlords must confirm the "right to rent" of potential tenants and keep records of relevant documents. It is also possible to confirm your "right to rent" even without BRP! There is a special form on Home Office website.

If your wife is outside the UK and she has no visa at this moment, it seems like the landlord's fault to me. But I don't see how it may cause problems for you or your wife.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: Tenancy Agreement-Documents For Tier 2 Dependent visa

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Gautham wrote:Hello Guys,

I will soon be applying a dependent visa for my wife and I am aware of the documents that are required.

My question is I have already included her name in the tenancy agreement (I have rented a house in the UK) which is from the month of October. Will this cause any issue as she is actually not in UK? Can I submit this document as such while applying the T2 visa.

Do let me know!

Regards,
Gautham
Yes, you can include your wife name in the tenancy agreement. Just mention in your sponsorship letter that your wife will join you in this house from the day or month approximately when you are expecting her to join you.