ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work without WRS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NuNo1983
Newly Registered

Simple caution and PR application

Post by NuNo1983 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:36 am

Hi,

I have similar problem and don't know what to do :(
I'm planning to apply for pr card and I received a simple caution for same thing as the collegue above (domestic violence) after a big argument with my ex-wife in July 2012. Do I have to disclose this in my application? If so then, should I cross "YES" in the application where the question for good character is and give details or it does not matter anymore as it is spent? Should I send this caution with my application? Can you please help? Thanking you very much in advance.

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: Simple caution and PR application

Post by ohara » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:42 am

You should declare it, but it won't affect the application. There is no good character requirement for PR.

NuNo1983
Newly Registered

absences from the uk(permanent residence application)

Post by NuNo1983 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:36 am

Hello, I'have similar problem. I'm living in UK since April 2006 and I don't remember when I have travelled for my holidays or short breaks. What should I ask for in this form: Subject Access Request? Is it for evryone or only for people from outside the EEU. Thanks.

NuNo1983
Newly Registered

EEA PR - Employment and Benefits

Post by NuNo1983 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:23 am

Dear All,

I will be applying for PR in the beginning of December this year. I have already completed my application online apart from benefit section and therefore I have two questions:

1. I have been receiving certain benefits previously and the amount of it was different every year. How this can this be resolved if the question is: what amount you have received monthly? Do I have to provide average?
2. Do I have to send to Home Office evidences of my employment since I entered UK or only for qualifying period?

Thank you ALL in advance for your help with this. This will be much appreciated.

Danlieb

Re: EEA PR - Employment and Benefits

Post by Danlieb » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:49 am

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but another question instead.

Is it possible to complete the PR application online? I thought it was all paper and pen(cil)?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:17 am

Danlieb wrote:Sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but another question instead.

Is it possible to complete the PR application online? I thought it was all paper and pen(cil)?
Please don't high jack another member's thread. It's unfair and causes confusion. Please open your own topic with this.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:58 am

1. I have been receiving certain benefits previously and the amount of it was different every year. How this can this be resolved if the question is: what amount you have received monthly? Do I have to provide average?
I'd give a monthly or yearly average and explain in a short statement that the amounts differ. As long as you were not exercising your treaty rights as self-sufficient or as a student, receiving benefits you're entitled to won't make a difference to your application anyways, and technically it is not a question you are legally required to answer.
Do I have to send to Home Office evidences of my employment since I entered UK or only for qualifying period?
For your qualifying period.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:00 pm

NuNo1983 wrote:...

2. Do I have to send to Home Office evidences of my employment since I entered UK or only for qualifying period?

Thank you ALL in advance for your help with this. This will be much appreciated.
1) Suggest state range of benefits (type & value) received; or break it down year by year.

2) There is no question such as: what is your qualifying period.
How would you even know?
You may get it wrong if you focus on one period but were doing something else in another period.

The caseworker assesses and weighs up the information and evidence provided to determine if she can confirm you have acquired PR status.
Provide all the information she needs to do her job.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

NuNo1983
Newly Registered

Post by NuNo1983 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:59 am

Thank you all for your answers and help.

I'm still a bit confused.
There is no question such as: what is your qualifying period.
How would you even know?
You may get it wrong if you focus on one period but were doing something else in another period.
How I can get it wrong if I know that I have been working for last 5 years continuously without any breaks and this is the only period for which I would like to send my employment history evidences to Home Office? I have entered the country in 2006 but do I still need to send evidences since I entered the UK?
I'd give a monthly or yearly average and explain in a short statement that the amounts differ. As long as you were not exercising your treaty rights as self-sufficient or as a student, receiving benefits you're entitled to won't make a difference to your application anyways, and technically it is not a question you are legally required to answer.
I'm doing online application. There is no space to give a short statement to explain this. All they are asking is: what is the monthly amount you have received?
You can't go to next page if you do not answer this question.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:44 am

NuNo1983 wrote:Thank you all for your answers and help.

I'm still a bit confused.
There is no question such as: what is your qualifying period.
How would you even know?
How I can get it wrong if I know that I have been working for last 5 years continuously without any breaks and this is the only period for which I would like to send my employment history evidences to Home Office? I have entered the country in 2006 but do I still need to send evidences since I entered the UK?
I'm doing online application. There is no space to give a short statement to explain this. All they are asking is: what is the monthly amount you have received?
You can't go to next page if you do not answer this question.
Its not just about last 5 years.
The questions on form aren't framed like that.

They are more like this:
Complete in chronological order, starting from when you/they entered the UK
You also need to factor in proving your id and proof of residence/absences as well as exercise of treaty rights. There are additional hurdles to jump if an A2 or A8 national.

If online form (where most questions seem to be mandatory) does not fit your circumstances then use paper form.

NuNo1983
Newly Registered

Post by NuNo1983 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:23 am

I'm sorry but I don't think you understand my questions. I know that the application is not only about last 5 years. I have filled in application all my jobs since I entered UK and gaps when I was out of the coutry. I don't think I need to send the documents to HO confirming my work for example in 2006. Same for proof of residence and absences. I mention everything in the application but my qualifying period for PR is from November 2011 to November 2016, so I only need to send evidences for this period. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope this make sense.

Regarding the benefits the question online is exactly like this:
Are you or have you claimed, since living in the UK, any of the public funds or state benefits?
I have answered: YES
Then:
Please tick the relevant box(es) below to show which benefits you receive.
and then:
How much do you receive each month?

So, as I mentioned in my previus post, how I can answer this if for example the amount of my Child Tax Credit was diffrent each year?

These are the last questions on the online form, all other questions I have answered without any issues. There must be a way of answering this otherwise why they have relesed the online application if is going to be usless.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:22 am

NuNo1983 wrote:These are the last questions on the online form, all other questions I have answered without any issues. There must be a way of answering this otherwise why they have relesed the online application if is going to be usless.
Because UK insists on requirements that are not compliant with EU law.
A lot of questions UK asks are not mandatory in the context of EU law and the Directive.
The online form has also probably been released in usual ham-fisted way without adequate operational and user acceptance testing.

NuNo1983
Newly Registered

Post by NuNo1983 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:18 pm

noajthan wrote:
NuNo1983 wrote:These are the last questions on the online form, all other questions I have answered without any issues. There must be a way of answering this otherwise why they have relesed the online application if is going to be usless.
Because UK insists on requirements that are not compliant with EU law.
A lot of questions UK asks are not mandatory in the context of EU law and the Directive.
The online form has also probably been released in usual ham-fisted way without adequate operational and user acceptance testing.
Ok, I understand. Do you think that it will be ok if in my online application I will give the average amount of benefits received and on top of that I will add to the application a separate sheet and I will explain in a short statement that the amounts for the benefits differ. I will break it down year by year or by type & value and I will send that together with evidences? Can my application be refused if I will do it that way?

NuNo1983
Newly Registered

Providing payslips - EEA PR

Post by NuNo1983 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:00 am

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question regarding Payslips which I would like to provide as a evidence of my employment for PR application. I'm receiving them electronically since 2012. Do they need to be certified by anyone (employer or solicitor) or are they sufficient if I will just simply print them off and send them to HO?

Please advise.

Thank you so much in advance.

Casa

Re: Providing payslips - EEA PR

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:07 am

They MUST be certified by your employer.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

NuNo1983
Newly Registered

Work without WRS

Post by NuNo1983 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:41 pm

Hello everyone,

My wife is planning to apply for PR Card. She entered UK in 2009. She have been working since then until now. The only thing is she never applied for WRS as she did't know that she have to do this. Will this affect her application? Can HO refuse it? Can she be prosecuted, fined or anything else? The WRS registration schem finished in April 2011. Is this mean she have completed her 5 years qualifing period in April 2016?

Can you please help...

Thanking you in advance.

noajthan

Re: Work without WRS

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:16 pm

NuNo1983 wrote:Hello everyone,

My wife is planning to apply for PR Card. She entered UK in 2009. She have been working since then until now. The only thing is she never applied for WRS as she did't know that she have to do this. Will this affect her application? Can HO refuse it? Can she be prosecuted, fined or anything else? The WRS registration schem finished in April 2011. Is this mean she have completed her 5 years qualifing period in April 2016?

Can you please help...

Thanking you in advance.
No, no affect at least not if wife submits evidence including time spent working since May 2011.

Success is never guaranteed for any number of reasons.

Prosecuted and fined doesn't happen - although employer could have been prosecuted and fined for employing unregistered workers.

Yes, if relying on being a worker then the earliest possible qualifying period is May 2011 - May 2016.

If there are consequences in terms of citizenship then that remains to be seen as such applications will only just be working through the system (from any applicants able to apply to naturalise in 2016 - for example, those with a British spouse).

NuNo1983
Newly Registered

Unemployment - Question???

Post by NuNo1983 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of applying for PR Card for EEA National. I have already asked here few questions regarding this and I would like to thank you all for your great help but unfortunetly I have one more :)

I have entered UK in April 2006. Since November 2011 until now I have been working continiously without any breaks (so I have completed 5 years qualifing period) but previously I have had few breaks where I was unemployed and I was not claiming Jobseekers Allowance. I was in the UK that time. Do I have to send to HO any evidences covering my unemployment before November 2011. If yes then what kind of evidences they can be?

Thank you.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Posts merged.

noajthan

Re: Unemployment - Question???

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:13 pm

NuNo1983 wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of applying for PR Card for EEA National. I have already asked here few questions regarding this and I would like to thank you all for your great help but unfortunetly I have one more :)

I have entered UK in April 2006. Since November 2011 until now I have been working continiously without any breaks (so I have completed 5 years qualifing period) but previously I have had few breaks where I was unemployed and I was not claiming Jobseekers Allowance. I was in the UK that time. Do I have to send to HO any evidences covering my unemployment before November 2011. If yes then what kind of evidences they can be?

Thank you.
Start here to understand different categories of qualified person and requirements/evidence for each - including 'jobseeker':
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

Kruk

Re: Providing payslips - EEA PR

Post by Kruk » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:01 pm

In my recent application I have had payslips printed from the computer system. They were provided by the employer but this was not on their headed paper or something like this. They were from a payroll system. Never had any problems with those. They covered only 6 months of work so that's maybe why HO have accepted them.

NuNo1983
Newly Registered

DWP - SAR (Jobseekers Allowance)

Post by NuNo1983 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:38 am

Hi All,

I am trying to get a proof o benefit letter from DWP (Belfast Benefit Centre). I have sent a request to them to provide the details (dates when I was registered and the amounts that I was receiving) but had no response as of yet. Letter sent on 08/12/2016, letter received by DWP on 14/12/2016. I have also phone them few times to ask for the same but every time I am speaking with them I have same answer (their system can only access the details for last 5 years). I know I have been receiving Jobseekers Allowance in 2009. Anyone know how I can obtain this information? Can anyone help please? How I can do a SAR? I can't find address for DWP Data Protection Officer.
I need this info for my EEA PR application.
Thanking you ALL in advance for help.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Posts merged.
No need for multiple posts.

noajthan

Re: DWP - SAR (Jobseekers Allowance)

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:12 pm

NuNo1983 wrote:Hi All,

Anyone know how I can obtain this information? Can anyone help please? How I can do a SAR? I can't find address for DWP Data Protection Officer.
I need this info for my EEA PR application.
Thanking you ALL in advance for help.
Start here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -about-you