ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exceeded Absences of 450 days but under 540...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

werewolffyy
Newly Registered

Exceeded Absences of 450 days but under 540...

Post by werewolffyy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:32 am

milan69 wrote:You have to make sure that you have been a resident in the UK for the last 5 years because your application will most certainly be refused if you were not.
If absent for more than 450 days in the last 5 years you will have to apply for discretion but it is not 100% certain that the outcome will be positive. Having said that, I was out for more than 100 days in my final year, I applied for discretion and got my approval within 8 weeks.
Please read page 7-8:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... let-an.pdf
Hi I would like to know how to write a discretion, I'm about to apply for my naturalisation and on my last 12 months period I've been out for 108 days, should I ask for a discretion. And how do I write one ? I do qualify for all of the other critiria

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Exceeded Absences of 450 days but under 540...

Post by milan69 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:35 am

This is what i wrote:

"I wish to state that I have made the UK my home together with my family - my wife and my 16 year old son who are both British citizens and live in the United Kingdom. With my family, I live in a rented house/flat which is in my name. In addition, I have a large part of my estate in the United Kingdom. In the past few months, due to the nature of my work, I had to spend several weeks working abroad and therefore I am requesting for discretion to be applied with regard to the requirement to have not been absent from the country for more than 90 days."
I am sometimes wrong.