ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Visit visa from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Post by huqqapani » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:42 am

I am planning for my dad to visit me in UK on visit visa (family) for 3 weeks. I am a BC. Although he works there and can just about afford the finances himself, I want to sponsor his financial aspect too for his visit. In light of this can someone please tell me:
* what and how many documents I need to prepare to send him (payslips and bank statements how many, what else?)
* does he need to apply in Saudi or I need to apply from here in UK
* what is the approximate processing time for visa applications submitted in KSA
* visa fee and form to be filled

I plan to book his flights and purchase the ticket now as deals are good for mid January 2017, and do not want to wait for the visa. Is it a good idea to attach the flight itinerary to support the visa application?

I look forward to your responses.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visit visa from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:51 am

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

He applies in home country.

What is he submitting to prove to the ECO what his strong ties are to home country and what his personal and financial circumstances are in home country?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:56 am

huqqapani wrote:I am planning for my dad to visit me in UK on visit visa (family) for 3 weeks.

I plan to book his flights and purchase the ticket now as deals are good for mid January 2017, and do not want to wait for the visa. Is it a good idea to attach the flight itinerary to support the visa application?

This is risky. Visa is not guaranteed.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:30 pm

noajthan wrote:
huqqapani wrote:I am planning for my dad to visit me in UK on visit visa (family) for 3 weeks.

This is risky. Visa is not guaranteed.
My emphasis in the question is whether this will be viewed as positive or negative by ECO in deciding for the visit visa. The financial risk I already am aware of.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:40 pm

huqqapani wrote:My emphasis in the question is whether this will be viewed as positive or negative by ECO in deciding for the visit visa. The financial risk I already am aware of.
Neither, it makes no difference to the decision process. Flights can be cancelled/changed or not taken at all. It is no guarantee that a person will leave the UK (many in the past haven't left)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:43 pm

huqqapani wrote:My emphasis in the question is whether this will be viewed as positive or negative by ECO in deciding for the visit visa. The financial risk I already am aware of.
The key factor is that visitor will return home. Flights and amount of money spent in UK economy during trip prove nothing.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Many Thanks for the advice so far. A follow on question please, if i wamted to call my mother ( who is in Pakistan) too on visit visa the same time as father, is it possible? I.e. if my papers are submitted for father's visit visa in Saudi Arabia then how can i apply for mother at the same time in Pakistan? Or would i have to apply for one at a time?

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:39 am

Is your mother living permanently in Pakistan or just there for the visit?

She will have to prove her social, economic and family ties to Pakistan, her personal circumstances and also to prove she will return back to Pakistan.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:47 am

lynxukauq wrote:Is your mother living permanently in Pakistan or just there for the visit?

She will have to prove her social, economic and family ties to Pakistan, her personal circumstances and also to prove she will return back to Pakistan.
She is resident in Pakistan with my brothers and sisters, so proving economic, family and social ties would not be too hard however there is a complication that she along with the family was in the UK over on asylum circa 2004 and was deported in 2005 after the case was lost.

Also how can I apply if I wanted to apply for both parents at the same time considering they are resident in different countries (if I am able to apply for my mother in light of deportation)

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Can you please clarify whether she left UK on her own when the case was rejected or did she overstay after the rejection decision and then got deported by the Border Force people.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:46 pm

from what she remembers is that the stupid solicitor didn't appeal the rejection decision and they got deported. They weren't even aware that it home office refused and that they had to leave, if they knew, they would have either left voluntarily or appealed the decision using a different solicitor, all within the specified time. it was gigantic chicken up on behalf of solicitors but no one was here to pursue this once they got deported.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:24 pm

I think when you are filling in the form they do ask you if you have applied in the past 10 years or so, since it has been more than 10 years I am assuming she will be okay with it.

Both your mother and father should be able to apply at the same time as each of their application will be decided on its merit by the ECO.

Both will have to prove social, economic, family ties to their country in the form of documentary evidence along with financial documents explaining their personal circumstances and strong reason to convince ECO that they will return back to their country.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:54 pm

But i am the financial sponsor of their visit for both of them so how can i forward my original statements to two different applicants in different countries?

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:04 pm

What documents are you providing from your side?

Nowadays most of the documents are online so you can print them twice.

For example, my Barclays statement are all online so I can print as many copies as I want..

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:45 pm

I am not sure that online printed statements are acceptable or not? I thought that the supporting documents are meant to be the ones which were posted out.

I do however notice that on the online visa application form asks you about your partner/spouse's details and whether he/she is also travelling. Whether this will work in our situation is doubtful as the wife (dependent) is resident in another country.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Anyone please have an answer for my query.

Rewording my question: is it possible for one to apply for family visit visa for UK which includes his wife on the application who is currently resident of a different country?

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Visit visa - council letter for accomodation

Post by huqqapani » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:35 pm

I am planning to call my parents over to UK on a visit visa. Do i need a council letter to prove adequacy of accommodation or will a tenancy agreement copy suffice?
Also what is the process for getting TB certificate? Which medical centers are acceptable for TB tests in Pakistan?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visit visa - council letter for accomodation

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:46 pm

huqqapani wrote:I am planning to call my parents over to UK on a visit visa. Do i need a council letter to prove adequacy of accommodation or will a tenancy agreement copy suffice?
Also what is the process for getting TB certificate? Which medical centers are acceptable for TB tests in Pakistan?
Topics merged. No need to start a new topic with each question on the same application. Keep ALL your questions on visitor visa application for parents in THIS topic.

Do you rent from the council? Are you a council housing tenant?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Visit visa - council letter for accomodation

Post by huqqapani » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
huqqapani wrote:I am planning to call my parents over to UK on a visit visa. Do i need a council letter to prove adequacy of accommodation or will a tenancy agreement copy suffice?
Topics merged. No need to start a new topic with each question on the same application. Keep ALL your questions on visitor visa application for parents in THIS topic.

Do you rent from the council? Are you a council housing tenant?
Private tenant.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:07 pm

Then why would you need a letter from the Council if you are not a council tenant?

You need a letter from your landlord if you want to submit a letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:03 pm

From my limited knowledge, a letter used to be submitted to support visa applications if you were sponsoring someone to prove that the accomodation wouldnt get overcrowded. Maybe i was wrong to have paid for this service to council as it appears i didnt need one in past.
Do i need landlord's letter or that too is only a good to have rather than a must?
Also if you could please guide on the question regarding applying for a visit visa for your wife as a dependent who is resident in another country, it would be greatlt appreciated.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:20 pm

huqqapani wrote: ... also if you could please guide on the question regarding applying for a visit visa for your wife as a dependent who is resident in another country, it would be greatlt appreciated.
It's so unusual it's probably a case of try it and see. If you are able to include all appropriate supporting evidence then it would presumably be a valid application.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:52 am

I don't mind trying this however just unable to work out the dynamics of this.

I am surprised that this scenario has not cropped up before as forum gurus clearly are struggling to answer this one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:58 am

Each person applying has to meet the requirements individually and submit the relevant supporting documents to prove their circumstances and ties to home country.

How you do that if you parents live separately in different countries, is anyone's guess.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:02 am

I guess it is an unusual scenario as such I am going to make separate applications although its a pain and extra money.
From sponsors point of view, I am submitting following, would it suffice or do I need anything more:

* 6 months payslips
* 6 months bank statements
* Tenancy agreement
* cover letter confirming that I will bear the full visit costs (flights, accommodation the lot)