ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for child from India, VAF4A Timelines please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

passportguy
Newly Registered
India

Settlement visa for child from India, VAF4A Timelines please

Post by passportguy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Hi,

I have an ILR and I am currently in the UK. My wife also has ILR and she is in India with our son.
I wanted to know how long it is taking currently for granting settlement visa for a child from Bangalore? Will it be faster if I apply from a different city in India?
Is there a priority service available for settlement visa from Bangalore or any other city?

With regards to my wife's ILR - she has been living in India since 2nd March 2015 and on 2nd MArch 2017, she will have spent 2 years outside the UK.
My question is if she cannot enter the UK on or before 2nd March 2017, will her ILR be automatically cancelled and does she have to have a settlement/dependent visa to enter the UK?

Eagerly waiting for a reply.

Thanks a lot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Settlement visa for child from India, VAF4A Timelines pl

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:55 pm

ILR is lost if you live outside the UK for 2 years or more. She would have to apply from scratch again or she might be successful with returning resident visa.

Why has she been living abroad for so long?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

passportguy
Newly Registered
India

Re: Settlement visa for child from India, VAF4A Timelines pl

Post by passportguy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:06 pm

Thanks CR001.

"She would have to apply from scratch again"
Do you mean she has to apply for ILR (or is it ILE?) again from India? Or a settlement visa?

If she is successful with a returning resident visa, will she have her ILR back?

Its mainly due to our child (health issues) that she has been there.