ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application refused

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

British Citizenship

Post by Xchadracx » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:59 pm

Hello,
I recently received a letter from the home office about my British Citizenship that they refused it because I didn't send them the required documents however I did send them the documents they wanted but I didn't send my college certificates which could be the reason why it got refused. Would I be accepted if I send a reconsideration with the college certificates? Please help me I'm really worried.

noajthan

Re: British Citizenship

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:14 pm

Xchadracx wrote:Hello,
I recently received a letter from the home office about my British Citizenship that they refused it because I didn't send them the required documents however I did send them the documents they wanted but I didn't send my college certificates which could be the reason why it got refused. Would I be accepted if I send a reconsideration with the college certificates? Please help me I'm really worried.
What does the college certificate demonstrate?
What was the precise stated reason for refusal?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

Post by Xchadracx » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:07 pm

My college certificates will show my stay in the UK from the past years, and the letter said "we asked from you on the 2nd of November to provide us with documents which we did not receive in this matter we have refused your application" and then at the end it says I can apply for reconsideration

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

Post by Xchadracx » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:09 pm

noajthan wrote:
Xchadracx wrote:Hello,
What does the college certificate demonstrate?
What was the precise stated reason for refusal?
My college certificates will show my stay in the UK from the past years, and the letter said "we asked from you on the 2nd of November to provide us with documents which we did not receive in this matter we have refused your application" and then at the end it says I can apply for reconsideration

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

MN1 application refused

Post by Xchadracx » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:33 pm

My MN1 got refused because I didn't include all the required documents which were my school certificates could I reconsider and be successful if I sent the documents with the reconsideration application? The only reason it got refused is because I didn't include my high school and college certificates. Please help

vinny

Re: MN1 application refused

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:18 pm

Merged.

Please don't spam other topics with the same question.

It would be helpful if you could give us the details of the basis for your application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

Post by Xchadracx » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:22 pm

vinny wrote:Merged.

Please don't spam other topics with the same question.

It would be helpful if you could give us the details of the basis for your application.
Im really sorry, but I'm just really desperate for answers, basically I want to know if it is good idea to apply for reconsideration after being refused for not including all the documents home office wanted

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:25 pm

vinny wrote:It would be helpful if you could give us the details of the basis for your application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

Post by Xchadracx » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:33 pm

My application was for to be registered as a British citizen.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:45 pm

Under what section?

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

Post by Xchadracx » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:49 pm

vinny wrote:Under what section?
Section 3(1)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:51 pm

How old is the applicant?

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

Post by Xchadracx » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:53 pm

vinny wrote:How old is the applicant?
I sent it in August so I'd say almost 4 months

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:58 pm

Xchadracx wrote:My college certificates will show my stay in the UK from the past years, and the letter said "we asked from you on the 2nd of November to provide us with documents which we did not receive in this matter we have refused your application" and then at the end it says I can apply for reconsider
ation
Reconsideration is usually to correct errors or omissions by caseworker.

Its clear applications are assessed on the basis of the bundle provided by applicant.
Its unclear what error or omission has been made if inadequate evidence was submitted.

sunshine16

Post by sunshine16 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:02 am

Vinny means, how old is the person who made the application? If it is you than, how old are you? Your age?

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

Post by Xchadracx » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:02 am

noajthan wrote:
Xchadracx wrote:My college certificates will show my stay in the UK from the past years, and the letter said "we asked from you on the 2nd of November to provide us with documents which we did not receive in this matter we have refused your application" and then at the end it says I can apply for reconsider
ation
Reconsideration is usually to correct errors or omissions by caseworker.

Its clear applications are assessed on the basis of the bundle provided by applicant.
Its unclear what error or omission has been made if inadequate evidence was submitted.
I sent my college certificates for 2016 which I guess wasn't enough to show my stay in the UK so I want to send the other certificate from 2013 to 2016 so would reconsideration be worst of time?

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

Post by Xchadracx » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:04 am

sunshine16 wrote:Vinny means, how old is the person who made the application? If it is you than, how old are you? Your age?
Oh right sorry well the application is for me and I'm 18 but before I sent it I was 17,

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

Post by Xchadracx » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:14 am

Xchadracx wrote:
vinny wrote:How old is the applicant?
Im 18 now but before my application was sent I was 17

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:17 am

Xchadracx wrote:I sent my college certificates for 2016 which I guess wasn't enough to show my stay in the UK so I want to send the other certificate from 2013 to 2016 so would reconsideration be worst of time?
Such cases are discretionary.
Older teenagers need to show commitment to life in UK and that future lies in UK.
This should have been nailed first time with documents such as references, testimonials/supporting letters plus educational history and achievements.

No error seems to have been made by caseworker if appropriate evidence was not submitted.
You would be very fortunate if application was reassessed.

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

Post by Xchadracx » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:21 am

noajthan wrote:
Xchadracx wrote:I sent my college certificates for 2016 which I guess wasn't enough to show my stay in the UK so I want to send the other certificate from 2013 to 2016 so would reconsideration be worst of time?
Such cases are discretionary.
Older teenagers need to show commitment to life in UK and that future lies in UK.
This should have been nailed first time with documents such as references, testimonials/supporting letters plus educational history and achievements.

No error seems to have been made by caseworker if appropriate evidence was not submitted.
You would be very fortunate if application was reassessed.
Thank you so much for your help, should I apply for reconsideration and provide them with my college and high school certificates also with proof of my acceptance letter to university?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:24 am

Well it seems your only hope but you are completely at mercy of caseworker as I don't think they made a mistake.

If they go by the rules the reconsideration will probably fail too.

Unenviable position as you seem to have been poorly advised.
Good luck.

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

Post by Xchadracx » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:34 am

noajthan wrote:Well it seems your only hope but you are completely at mercy of caseworker as I don't think they made a mistake.

If they go by the rules the reconsideration will probably fail too.

Unenviable position as you seem to have been poorly advised.
Good luck.
Thank you very much, I will send everything tomorrow and pay whenever they reply back and whatever decision they make I will update you, thank you very very much for the help been really useful.

Xchadracx
Newly Registered

Post by Xchadracx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Hey guys, I'm sorry for bringing this post up but I just wanted to update everyone who helped me through my application and how helpful this site is. My reconsideration was accepted! Next week I'm attending my Citizenship ceremony. Thank you so much for the help to everyone!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Xchadracx wrote:Hey guys, I'm sorry for bringing this post up but I just wanted to update everyone who helped me through my application and how helpful this site is. My reconsideration was accepted! Next week I'm attending my Citizenship ceremony. Thank you so much for the help to everyone!
Congratulations.
You kept going and got there in the end.

Good luck with the studies.