ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 ext 50K ( investment made by the company)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nahidsarwar
Newly Registered

Tier 1 ext 50K ( investment made by the company)

Post by nahidsarwar » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:31 am

Dear Seniors,

Hope all is well. My tier 1 extension coming in May 2017. I have a query. I have invested 50K from my personal account to my business account in the form of Directors loan . i have a loan agreement too. My wife and I are the director of the company. We provide business consultancy to different company. We also invested in residential property ( buy to let ) property from the company. We are doing our consultancy business but at the same time buying small properties using the company to develop a portfolio . Here are my questions:

1) is it a problem that my company is investing in property and getting rental income?
2) One of the part time employee is dedicated for managing the properties whom I want to show as one of the required two employee?
3) As I mentioned before I am the director of my company, my solicitor is asking me to tell him what other position I held in the company as I need to show I am doing a graduate level job. I did not get it. Do i need to show two position in my company? When ever we provide consultancy support to another company we do the contract in our company name. and we sign as directors
4) I am currently taking minimum salary per month around £850 per month and dividend but my solicitor is telling me I need to take a salary of around £30K per month? is it really neccessary or the current salary+ dividend system is fine?

I would be grateful if you could answer my question .

Regards
Nahid

saeed123

Re: Tier 1 ext 50K ( investment made by the company)

Post by saeed123 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:41 am

nahidsarwar wrote:Dear Seniors,

Hope all is well. My tier 1 extension coming in May 2017. I have a query. I have invested 50K from my personal account to my business account in the form of Directors loan . i have a loan agreement too. My wife and I are the director of the company. We provide business consultancy to different company. We also invested in residential property ( buy to let ) property from the company. We are doing our consultancy business but at the same time buying small properties using the company to develop a portfolio . Here are my questions:

1) is it a problem that my company is investing in property and getting rental income?

you cannot claim points against the investment if you made it in a residencial property.

2) One of the part time employee is dedicated for managing the properties whom I want to show as one of the required two employee?
3) As I mentioned before I am the director of my company, my solicitor is asking me to tell him what other position I held in the company as I need to show I am doing a graduate level job. I did not get it. Do i need to show two position in my company? When ever we provide consultancy support to another company we do the contract in our company name. and we sign as directors .

this means your job title in you company.

4) I am currently taking minimum salary per month around £850 per month and dividend but my solicitor is telling me I need to take a salary of around £30K per month? is it really neccessary or the current salary+ dividend system is fine?

their is no rule how much salary you shuold take . hope other senior memebrs will give you more detailed answers.

Regards
Nahid

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:04 am

Can you please check the rules and guidelines again. As per my understanding in 50K you are not allowed to do property management, the one which you are doing.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:12 am

Here are my questions:

3) As I mentioned before I am the director of my company, my solicitor is asking me to tell him what other position I held in the company as I need to show I am doing a graduate level job. I did not get it. Do i need to show two position in my company? When ever we provide consultancy support to another company we do the contract in our company name. and we sign as directors

Regards
Nahid
1) Property development and/or management attracts zero points on Tier 1.

That is what your solicitor should be telling you.

Ref https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ur-v18.pdf

2) See #1

4) :?: :!:
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:09 pm

On what basis is your solicitor suggesting that you should draw £30K a month?

There is no such requirement in the guidance.

As for graduate level profession, what type of consultancy are you running?

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:26 pm

nahidsarwar wrote:I would be grateful if you could answer my question .
1. You can not score points for investing in property and getting rental income. This is not allowed on Tier 1 Ent visa.
2. If your employee is a settled person you can score points on this.
3 and 4. Change your solicitor And read the guidance once.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

ukbiz

Post by ukbiz » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Property Managing business is not allowed/consider for investment point

No you cant for the nature of business as advised in 1

If you are 50K route your Business must match NFQ level 4 Jobs as per you UK degree

There is no such requirement to draw salary upto 30K , your solicitor must be wrongly applying Tier 2 rules on your Tier 1 50K route

Regards
Nahid

nahidsarwar
Newly Registered

Post by nahidsarwar » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:45 pm

Dear Seniors,

Thank you for all the advise and suggestion. I just want to elaborate the first point. I am not trying to score point on the basis of the investment in property. I have transferred the 50K from my personal account to the business account s directors loan. My company primarily provide monitoring and Evaluation service to the International development companies . We have regular income from that source.We are investing in residential properties to develop a portfolio for the company. What I want to clearify is ...after investing in the company( transferring to the business account) is it important to show where we I have spent the money?? part of the investment went to buy the properties but we have spent part of it acquiring other business and expenses.

Regards
Nahid

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:36 pm

Thank you for all the advise and suggestion. I just want to elaborate the first point. I am not trying to score point on the basis of the investment in property. I have transferred the 50K from my personal account to the business account s directors loan. My company primarily provide monitoring and Evaluation service to the International development companies . We have regular income from that source.We are investing in residential properties to develop a portfolio for the company. What I want to clearify is ...after investing in the company( transferring to the business account) is it important to show where we I have spent the money?? part of the investment went to buy the properties but we have spent part of it acquiring other business and expenses.

Regards
Nahid
If all the accounts are jumbled up then yes its important to identify monies invested in property and refurbishments & etc etc - because you will receive no credit for such activities.
Indulging in such activities has no part in a T1 visa application.
So that part of your 'investment' is not a valid investment. A top up investment may be required to compensate for the shortfall.

It would be misleading if any remnant of such activities was submitted with an application and was not readily identifiable - so that it may be disregarded.
My understanding is, any staff associated with such activities (and the hours burnt on such activities) should be discounted too.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

nahidsarwar
Newly Registered

Post by nahidsarwar » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:12 pm

Thank you very much . it is very helpful