ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(URGENT) Tier2(General)Extension On hold.HomeOffice want P60

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

katrinarose
Newly Registered

(URGENT) Tier2(General)Extension On hold.HomeOffice want P60

Post by katrinarose » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi,

I and my wife got Tier 2 (General) visa in December 2013 for next three years. Before that I was a self - employed for few months. Few days back we had applied for extension with premium service to get the result on the same day. But the official said that he could not make the decision right now and want all P60s forms since I have joined this job. I am wondering this is not the mandatory requirement. I had some tax issues when I was self employed and I have filed all my taxes for SA. Nothing is pending now. I am paying all taxes in my job as well and I have P60s with me for each year 2014, 2015, 2016 but they are sent via email.
I am confused why the official has put my decision on hold? Why he wants P60 forms which is not a requirement for Tier 2 general extension. HO officials can check the data with HMRC itself then why he is asking me to send the originals. I am paying correct amount of tax. Also, the offical said that the job duties mentioned in my new cos letter are very basic and he needs them in more detail. But these are the same job duties which was mentioned when I got tier 2 in 2013 and it was approved. Also, he said he would send an email to my employer and ask about job duties in detail. I am wondering what is this happeneing. I am confused. I have attached the following documents.
1. passports of me and my wife, BRP cards, photos, cos letter, maintenance funds letter etc. I did not submit my bank statements or pay slips because it was not mentioned on the gov website.
Official has given me 10 working days time to submit the originals of P60s of 2014, 2015, 2016. Can I take out the print out of these from my email or how to take the originals? Will my application be refused even after submitting all the P60? WHy are they asking for P60 which is usually required for ILR. May be beacuse I had some minor issues of taxes when I was self employed but I have paid and cleared all my taxes. I am very upset. Please help dear. Thanks

katrinarose
Newly Registered

Re: (URGENT) Tier2(General)Extension On hold.HomeOffice want

Post by katrinarose » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:18 pm

My employer provided me maintenance fund. Is it not required for extension? May be he is asking for P60 because I did not submit pay slips or bank statements. I thought maintenance funds letter would be sufficient. But I took bank statements and pay slips with me in case if they ask but they did not ask me for these. They said they want all P60s. Can anyone please help ? I will be very thankful to you guys. Thanks

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:44 pm

If they have asked P60, send the P60. There is no point questioning whether is mandatory or not. If you submit all they have asked, it will increase your chances of approval.

katrinarose
Newly Registered

Post by katrinarose » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:50 pm

Hello dear moonlight55

Thank you so much for replying to me. Yes, I will post all P60s soon. The official had asked me to send the docs by post and no need to come in person. My visa is expiring on 2 Jan 2017. I have been given 10 days working time to submit all the P60s. Also, the official was saying that the job details in the CoS letter are very basic and he would send an email to my employer asking him the job details more in depth.

Can you please tell me that according to you what could be the reason of asking P60s? Is HO cannot access the data from HMRC? Is there could be any tax issues or tax pending? But mine is PAYE and tax gets deducted every month.

Suppose if my application gets refused even after submitting all P60s can I apply again as a fresh application? Not sure if admin review will work much. And is this possible if I have not paid correct tax and they ask me to pay and then approve my application?

Thank you dear

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:19 am

To be honest, you will not know the exact reason of this. Sometimes, the case officer requests additional details from both the employer and employee as part of the application. It's not uncommon and does not mean the application will be refused. As long as your paperwork is fine and the employer provides information as requested, it should be okay.

katrinarose
Newly Registered

Post by katrinarose » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:41 am

Hello moonlight55

Thank you for replying to me. I have just found out that hmrc had sent me paye coding notice in Feb 2016 tht the new tax code is this xxxxx and they will deduct any pending tax is Self assessment of some previous year from my salary. But after that in April this year I hv paid all the previous pending tax penalties and some of the penalties also got cancelled for which I was not eligible. Then no tax return was pending from my side for SA. I also got a confirmation letter fr hmrc tht I have paid all amount now and they hv closed my SA account. But again in July this year I got one more notice tht my new tax code is xxxxxx and less outstanding debt restriction is 112 for class 2. N they will deduct from my salary. N changed my tax code to 1088L. I called hmrc many times tht these tax codes r wrong n plz update them. I hv paid all taxes. They said they will do it. I also wrote a letter to hmrc to correct my tax code. After July I never got any letter or penalty notice our outstanding debt notice from hmrc.

But on my payslips n p60s I hv correct tax codes for all the 3 years. My company never got any letter from hmrc to update the tax code. I m very worried. I think it's not our mistake. It's hmrc mistake. I m 99% sure visa l b refused due to tax issues.
Can employers license will b revoked?

Wat r ur views on this? Thanks a lot.

katrinarose
Newly Registered

Post by katrinarose » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Hello moonlight55

I just got to know that I have some pending class 2 NI amount left to pay. I am going to pay this now. Meanwhile I will also send my docs. But it will take some time to update my records in hmrc. I m very worried.

Thanks

katrinarose
Newly Registered

Post by katrinarose » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:34 pm

Hello everyone

I have applied for tier 2 extension. Application on hold. Home office asked me to bring P60 of all year till I worked.
Yesterday I got to know that there was some class 2 national insurance outstanding debt in my records. I was self employed before tier 2. I have paid the outstanding amount yesterday. But it will take few days to update my record in hmrc database.
I will send all P60 soon to home office soon within ten working days.

What could be the scope of my application? Now I have paid outstanding debt and nothing is outstanding now. But my record may not be updated within ten working days and home office still may see the outstanding debate and different tax code.

Shall I also send my bank statement to home office from where where I done the online payment to hmrc? Wat is the scope of my application? Thanks

Can anyone plz reply?

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:47 pm

Just send them what they ask, no need to anticipate problems like that.
What visa were you in when you were self employed?

katrinarose
Newly Registered

Post by katrinarose » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:56 pm

I was self employed till 2013 November . After that I m on tier 2 general. Visa is expiring in Jan 2017. I have applied for extension premium service but application on hold and asked for p60 for all the years.

I talked to hmrc and found tht some class 2 amount is pending which I have paid now. Hmrc will take few days to update the records. Thanks

katrinarose
Newly Registered

Post by katrinarose » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:57 pm

I was on PSW at tht time

arkrangarao
Newly Registered

Post by arkrangarao » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi katrinarose

has there been any news on your VISA extention, Was that approved or rejected? Or any other news?

Mine was a similar case, where the case worker asked the employer to provide some documentation about the job spec, my day to day job role, and the organization hierarchy.
He has sent a letter to my employer and my employer responded back last week. I am not sure how many days it would take, I am worried.

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:23 pm

arkrangarao wrote:Hi katrinarose

has there been any news on your VISA extention, Was that approved or rejected? Or any other news?

Mine was a similar case, where the case worker asked the employer to provide some documentation about the job spec, my day to day job role, and the organization hierarchy.
He has sent a letter to my employer and my employer responded back last week. I am not sure how many days it would take, I am worried.

Hi dear
I am still waiting for the decision. Haven't heard anything from HO. Please find the link below of the related thread.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/urge ... 24637.html

Thanks

giri_b
Newly Registered

Post by giri_b » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:53 am

HI Guys
Can you please update on your status ...Did you get the approval?