ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Ent Extended Applicants Preparing for 5yrs ILR

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ameten

Tier1 Ent Extended Applicants Preparing for 5yrs ILR

Post by Ameten » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:28 am

Hello Everyone and Zimba88,
I want to suggest that we have a separate thread for those that would be applying for ILR in two years time or less. As some very useful information may put one in the right position to prepare ahead than to later realise that some things have been left out when it is too late. Just as I missed out some vital information during my extension regarding FPS format, which cost me extra 7 months of another application after refusal of the first application.

This suggestion came to my mind after reading some brilliant advice that Zimba88 was dishing out regarding ILR after Tier 1 Ent Extension in http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 47-20.html

Paraventure, if this type of thread is already ongoing under ILR please I will appreciate if someone can point me to the link so I can keep an eye on it as two years of Tier1 Ent Extension validity period is just around the corner. The earlier to start gathering vital information the better to prepare.

Thanks

cappachino
Member of Standing

Re: Tier1 Ent Extended Applicants Preparing for 5yrs ILR

Post by cappachino » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:36 am

Ameten wrote:Hello Everyone and Zimba88,
I want to suggest that we have a separate thread for those that would be applying for ILR in two years time or less. As some very useful information may put one in the right position to prepare ahead than to later realise that some things have been left out when it is too late. Just as I missed out some vital information during my extension regarding FPS format, which cost me extra 7 months of another application after refusal of the first application.

This suggestion came to my mind after reading some brilliant advice that Zimba88 was dishing out regarding ILR after Tier 1 Ent Extension in http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 47-20.html

Paraventure, if this type of thread is already ongoing under ILR please I will appreciate if someone can point me to the link so I can keep an eye on it as two years of Tier1 Ent Extension validity period is just around the corner. The earlier to start gathering vital information the better to prepare.

Thanks
When did you receive your extention?
Did you reapply after the first refusal?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:32 am

Members should ofcourse always be looking ahead to next immigration-related application and the next after that - and be busy engineering their life so as to be generating the necessary papertrail; cultivating professional contacts to utilise as referees, etc etc.
That is taken as read.

The problem with such a generic thread is it very rapidly gets hijacked;
such threads tend to meander and waver all over the place, with some people getting replies, some getting none.
The result is a jumbled and confusing tangle of low-value ramblings.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:18 pm

noajthan wrote:Members should ofcourse always be looking ahead to next immigration-related application and the next after that - and be busy engineering their life so as to be generating the necessary papertrail; cultivating professional contacts to utilise as referees, etc etc.
That is taken as read.

such threads tend to meander and waver all over the place, with some people getting replies, some getting none.
So how do you suggest using the forum? I started the original checklist thread hoping to help myself and others.

I have learnt this forum is better than the ILR forum for most T1-E ILR questions.

micnic111
Newly Registered

Post by micnic111 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:11 pm

Thanks

Board admin (s)/ Members,

I would also like to request to make a new thread for applicants appltying for their ILR (post extension i.e 5 year route) as ILR section of the forum is not such help . Tier 1 entrepreneurs ILR applicants can get more help and advise if they can have a separate thread.

thanks
Abdullah

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:16 pm

noajthan wrote:Members should ofcourse always be looking ahead to next immigration-related application and the next after that - and be busy engineering their life so as to be generating the necessary papertrail; cultivating professional contacts to utilise as referees, etc etc.
That is taken as read.

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ameten

Post by Ameten » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:54 am

micnic111 wrote:

Thanks

Board admin (s)/ Members,

I would also like to request to make a new thread for applicants appltying for their ILR (post extension i.e 5 year route) as ILR section of the forum is not such help . Tier 1 entrepreneurs ILR applicants can get more help and advise if they can have a separate thread.

thanks
Abdullah
Abdullah, that is exactly my view, is there any thread of such yet?

Ameten

Post by Ameten » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:00 pm

cappachino wrote:

Thanks
When did you receive your extention?
Did you reapply after the first refusal?
I received my extension in November
Yes, I reapplied after the first refusal when the AR was unsuccessful

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:12 pm

A generic thread will have no value and will be hijacked. Ask your question when you have them in your own topic. Better to discuss things in their own threads
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice