ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS payment for my 5 year old stepdaugther

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cosak

IHS payment for my 5 year old stepdaugther

Post by cosak » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:13 pm

hi guys,
please help me

I paid for my stepdaughter settlement application along with my wife's application too. when i got to IHS section for my stepdaugther, the fee for IHS was calculated 0.00 and it said that you are exempt because you are under 16. I then made the application payment. I got the IHS ref. no.

I have also contacted UKVI and they have told me that the system calculated correctly and the ECO will send you a link via email asking you to pay the fee when they process the application. they can't refuse it simply on IHS charges.

I am just worried and wonder if this is the case and if anybody has gone through this before.. any moderators and members thoughts would be really helpful... i hope that's how what they have told me and what system processed it... i put everything, all the details correctly... they are applying from Ukraine....thanks a lot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS payment for my 5 year old stepdaugther

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:36 pm

This is normal, many members have had the same experience.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cosak

Post by cosak » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:36 pm

hi CR001, thanks a lot for your reply. i thought it might be the same case. i also contacted a solicitor who told that they would contact me for the payment. he wasn't sure though, he thought i must have made a mistake in the forms... i filled up everything correctly and checked them a lot times but i think it's just how the system is developed.. do they contact me when the ECO start working on our application or before?

CLda
Newly Registered

Post by CLda » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:34 am

HI Cosak and CR001,

Could you please explain what you ticked on the form so that the 00 charges came up.I mean I've not paid my IHS and I wouldn't mind a nil charges on one of my own. Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:46 am

CLda wrote:HI Cosak and CR001,

Could you please explain what you ticked on the form so that the 00 charges came up.I mean I've not paid my IHS and I wouldn't mind a nil charges on one of my own. Thanks
I'm sure all applicants would prefer a nil IHS charge, but you are required to pay the due fee. :idea: Why haven't you paid the surcharge?

CR001 is a forum moderator, not an applicant.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cosak

Post by cosak » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:08 am

hi guys,

apprently lots of applicants under 16 of the age are getting this calculation of 0.00 although they are required to pay for IHS...they are not exempt either... I was worried about it too... i filled up everything correctly and checked it time and agian but it gave me the same figure as 0.00.... I rang up the UKVI two to different advisor and they told me that this is what's actually happening for the under 16... just go ahead with the application fee payment...as long as i have the IHS ref..it's fine...the ECO will contact me when they process the application...they will create a link for me and ask to pay later...i have to put a covering letter explaining that to them...

Lot of members of this forum had same experience as CR001 said and i have read it too...

I am british citizen...my wife and stepdaughter are from Ukraine... the system calculation correct IHS feee for my wife was 732 Euro (612 pounds sterlings)....i put that they are applying from outside the UK and they are not going to stay in the Isle of man, isle of jersey etc... there is no other way to pay for IHS if it calculates 0.00 or wrong amount.... this is the badly designed system.... once it calcuates the wrong fee, you would obvioulsy think that i have put wrong details..but lot of people are having same problem especially with kids under 16...with spouses is fine....

the UKVI advisor confirmed that there is nothign to worry...they can't refuse because i haven't paid IHS... they will ask me later as long as i put a covering letter and the print out of IHS ref. which i got via email.... it's hell of lot of inconvenience but you can't beat the system....

cosak

IHS request timeline??

Post by cosak » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:31 pm

my wife submitted settlement visa applications for herself and her daughter (5 years old) on 12th Jan. Daughter's IHS was exempt and were told that the ECO will request at later stage if required to pay. I just wonder how long does it normally take the request to come through?

Thanks

Njoki66
Newly Registered

Re: IHS request timeline??

Post by Njoki66 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:10 am

cosak wrote:my wife submitted settlement visa applications for herself and her daughter (5 years old) on 12th Jan. Daughter's IHS was exempt and were told that the ECO will request at later stage if required to pay. I just wonder how long does it normally take the request to come through?

Thanks
Hi, am also having the same issue as I was able to pay for my IHS but the kids was amounting to 0 and they say lid the children are under the age of 16 years. Can anyone help please

cosak

email address for IHS payment

Post by cosak » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:47 pm

hi,

i am still waiting for email from the ECO requesting IHS payment for my 5 years stepdaughter. The system generated £0.00 IHS fee at the time of application submission and I was told by the UKVI team that this is normal and the ECO will request the fee at later stage.

It's been 5 weeks since we submitted the application from Kyiv in Ukraine (although the applications are proccessed in Warsaw, Poland)... I just wonder if anyone knows the email address where I can contact them as ask them how do I pay the fee or request them to send me a link etc..

I contact the sheffield office but they say they will not respond to any queries which are irrelevant to them as the application is submitted in Kyiv therefore, I should ask them or they will contact me either way...

any help will be appreciated..thanks

Eig123
Newly Registered

Re: email address for IHS payment

Post by Eig123 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:24 pm

Hi

please can you provide me contact number for sheffield office.

have you manage to speak with ECO?

Thanks

cosak

Re: email address for IHS payment

Post by cosak » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:33 pm

my case is not relevant to sheffield visa office, therefore, they can't respond to my email officially..

here is the email : IHS.Sheffield@fco.gov.uk

cosak

IHS for my daughter paid today upon ECO request

Post by cosak » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi guys,

Just want to let you know that I got an email today from ECO asking me to pay for my 5 year old stepdaughter's IHS fee... she was exempt at the time of application submission but today they asked me to pay it on a seperate top up link.. i have successfully paid it and emailed them the details...

if anyone going through the same process, just want to say that don't panic, it's normal...they ask for IHS later and then process the application... hopefully successful soon...fingers crossed...thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:21 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Dilshod

Re: IHS for my daughter paid today upon ECO request

Post by Dilshod » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:18 am

cosak wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:05 pm
Hi guys,

Just want to let you know that I got an email today from ECO asking me to pay for my 5 year old stepdaughter's IHS fee... she was exempt at the time of application submission but today they asked me to pay it on a seperate top up link.. i have successfully paid it and emailed them the details...

if anyone going through the same process, just want to say that don't panic, it's normal...they ask for IHS later and then process the application... hopefully successful soon...fingers crossed...thanks
hi cosak!
I had read your post.
thank you for your info!
hope you had your decision straight after too? could you share the time frame between your daughters IHS payment and visa please ? I'm 53 days waiting my 3 year old son was exempt on IHS too waiting for decision or IHS or anything... please any info is valuable!
tnx a lot