ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Permanent residence date for AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

guillaume_london
Newly Registered

EEA Permanent residence date for AN form

Post by guillaume_london » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:46 pm

Hi all,

First of all thanks a lot for this great forum with a lot of very useful information. :D :D

I am an EEA citizen (France). I arrived and worked in UK since 07-Jan-11.
Based on the regulation I automatically qualify for PR on 07-Jan-16
I applied for PR card in June and I received it with a delivery date of 5-Oct-16
I would like to apply now for naturalisation as I have lived 6 years in the UK and have a PR.

In the AN Form in section 1.3 ILR date I put 04-Jan-16 and in section 2.4 issue date for PR 5-Oct-16

Based on all the documents I read I think that it is ok and that I can apply like this but after calling the Citizen advice help line it does not seem so simple and apparently they refuse people who apply before the end of the 12 month period following the issue date of the PR.
Since November people are receiving with their PR card a letter quoting when they gained permanent residence which is different from delivery date of the card.

I did not receive this letter with my PR ( 16-October). I do not see how I can get a proof of permanent residence date (07-jan-17). I currently see 3 options:
- send a letter to UK Visa and immigration that sent me the PR document to request the letter they are now sending to new applicants
- fast track SAR request
- write a cover letter and ask NCS to check with home office the date before sending all documents

Has anyone faced similar issue or could recommend what to so ?

Summertime76
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Permanent residence date for AN form

Post by Summertime76 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Guess all depends on how you plan to proceed with the application. If using NCS (some councils also offer combined passport application service), they will check the PR acquisition date for you on the day. If applying by post, you should get hold of the PR acquisition date via options you outlined above (letter to HO or fast-track SAR).

guillaume_london
Newly Registered

Post by guillaume_london » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Thank you for your answer.

I am planning to apply using NCS but I am worried that the home office rejects my application as I have no evidence of when I received PR and following my call to the citizen advice it seems that they are rejecting some applications.

Anyone having similar problems?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:22 pm

guillaume_london wrote:Thank you for your answer.

I am planning to apply using NCS but I am worried that the home office rejects my application as I have no evidence of when I received PR and following my call to the citizen advice it seems that they are rejecting some applications.

Anyone having similar problems?
NCS will check and if timing is inappropriate you can make your excuses and leave - losing only NCS fee and not full AN fee.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:56 am

You don't have ILR, so you should not answer that question.