ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) question 6.1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

CameronNZ
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O) question 6.1

Post by CameronNZ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:50 pm

I'm getting ready to apply for ILR with the SET(O) form but I'm not sure which date to put for question 6.1 "When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

My ancestry visa is valid from 08/04/2012 but I entered on 02/05/2012 and not sure which I should answer with.

Thanks

Cameron

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR SET(O) question 6.1

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:13 pm

It asks the date you entered the UK and NOT the date your visa was valid from.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CameronNZ
Newly Registered

Post by CameronNZ » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:06 am

Thank so much for your speedy reply, the only thing casting doubt in my mind was mentioning the period of stay on which the application will be based, which is 08/04/2012, as the absence until 02/05/2012 will be counted as being out of the UK in that year as per the guidance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:11 am

HO know the rules and will know the visa start date. You need to state the date you entered the UK. Not many migrants enter on exactly the same date as the visa start date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CameronNZ
Newly Registered

Post by CameronNZ » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks so much for this :)

romaho
Newly Registered

Post by romaho » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi Cameron,

I'm in the same position, I'm also on an Ancestry applying for my ILR and have a gap between my visa start date and my arrival date in the UK. I had the same question as you as the form is quite confusing in saying that the arrival date is the beginning of the period on which the application is based, when the guidance suggests that the qualifying period can start on the entry clearance date (provided you don't exceed the 180 days outside of the UK in that year). I was wondering if you had submitted your application yet and whether you've had any issues?

Thanks, Rosie

tahlia
Newly Registered

Post by tahlia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:07 pm

I'm actually in the same situation where i entered 3.5 months after the date of my ancestry visa. However I'm under 180 days out of the country that year, so per the guidance notes should be ok.
However I agree with romaho that by putting the entry date - it looks as if you haven't completed the full five years! Would be interested in anyone's experiences with regard to this, as my PEO appointment is this week!

tahlia
Newly Registered

Post by tahlia » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Well I had my ILR approved today. Entry date was when i did actually enter even though i entered quite late and time in the UK i put the actual so like 4 years 8 months so its fine to put less than the 5 years.

romaho
Newly Registered

Post by romaho » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:44 pm

Thanks so much Tahlia and congrats on getting your ILR!

JenK
Newly Registered

Post by JenK » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi,
I have the same issue. My ancestry visa started 18 May 2012, and i am up for expiry this coming May and wish to apply for ILR via in person premium service. I did not enter the UK until start-mid August 2012. I have read online that the time between the start of my visa and UK entry can be included in the 180 days of absence in that year of my visa, though it cant be more than 90 days (which it is less than 90, and within the 180 days). However, i called the Home Office today and they said that i cannot apply for ILR as i did not enter the UK within a reasonable time between the start date of my visa. Though they could not tell me what a reasonable time was and what is allowed.
Tahlia, i can see you has the same issue, and you were approved and your absence between visa start and UK entry was more than 90 days. Did you have to state why you entered late or have any supporting documents for this? did they question this at all?

romaho
Newly Registered

Post by romaho » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:49 am

Hi JenK,
I just had my Premium Service Centre appointment yesterday and was successful in getting my ILR. Like Thalia, I had no issues with the gap between my visa start date and UK entry so I think you will be absolutely fine on this point if your gap is less than 180 days and you've spent no more than 180 days out of the UK in that first year or any subsequent year, which you say is the case. I put my actual date of arrival as the answer to 6.1. I took along a printed copy of the latest guidance on this for peace of mind but never needed to refer to it (note the guidance document has just been updated in the past few days- latest version is here - see page 14 in particular: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -v15.0.pdf).
Good luck with your application,
Rosie

tahlia
Newly Registered

Post by tahlia » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:34 am

Hi JenK,

Echoing romaho, I didn't provide any evidence due to the guidance notes. I did refer to it in a letter I had to write regarding absence for compassionate reasons, but i don't think it was probably necessary. Good luck!

And nice to hear you've got your ILR romaho!

swije
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by swije » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:07 pm

HI;
I have the same issue to apply for my ILR. My dates are as follows
First grant of visa 31st July 2013
Enter to UK 21st September 2013 (51 days after Entry Clarence date) - (- absence from the country anyway less than 180 days for that year)
Current visa expiry 6th July 2018.

If I have to go for ILR from the date of entry I have to apply 24th Aug 2018 where my current visa expires by that time, hence I have to go for another extension.
If I can apply 28 days before 31st July (the entry clearance date) so I can apply before my visa expires.
But have a doubt because not sure the qualifying period starts from entry date to UK.

tahlia, JenK and romaho please advice me how to approach this issue as I don't want any refusal. Please tell me all of your premium service centres too.
And also would like to know is there any method to conform this before submitting my application?

Thank you.