ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SS route from Italy

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonukguy

SS route from Italy

Post by londonukguy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:36 am

Hello there
I'm a British national and living and working in Italy at work he at the moment.
My wife is in Pakistan and I want to apply. her visa from Pakistan and then when I return to the UK bring her here under SS route.
But it's very vague information on Italian embassy in Pakistan website about EEA family permit visa
Anyone has idea or experience what documents required and specially processing time???
And how can I bring my wife back to UK in future
Do I have to apply further visa in Italy and what are chances these days to come on French Uk border and ask for entry under EEA family member(1A stamp or whatever it called these days).
Please share and expert advice from gurus please.

vinny

Re: SS route from Italy

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:39 am

londonukguy wrote:I'm a British national and living and working in Italy at work he at the moment.
My wife is in Pakistan and I want to apply. her visa from Pakistan and then when I return to the UK bring her here under SS route.
But it's very vague information on Italian embassy in Pakistan website about EEA family permit visa

I cannot imagine why the Italian Embassy in Pakistan would have any information on an EEA family permit as this is purely a U.K. vignette. Your wife should be looking a Schengen visa for a family member of an EEA national, to enable her to travel to Italy.

The UKVI expects her to be living with you in Italy and applying for an EEA family permit via the British Embassy from there. Her documents should show her residence in Italy and your activities there.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

londonukguy

Post by londonukguy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:46 am

Thanks for reply
Yes that's fine whatever the name of visa it's need to apply in Italian embassy
My question is anyone's experience that how long is processing time in Italy embassy Islamabad???
And in case if I don't apply family permit in Italy what are chances to travel together through France with all the documents including marriage certificate.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:34 am

londonukguy wrote:Thanks for reply
My question is anyone's experience that how long is processing time in Italy embassy Islamabad???
And in case if I don't apply family permit in Italy what are chances to travel together through France with all the documents including marriage certificate.
Do you appreciate that you and your wife must be living together in Italy. She can't simply be passing through on-route to the UK. :?:

She will have to show that she has legal residence in Italy, not simply a Schengen visa as a visitor.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:33 am

You have less chance of getting to UK without FP for your wife.
And don't forget the 6 or 9 months (or year) your wife needs to spend with you residing in Italy first.
For a dependent stamp you will have to travel with all the documents you would otherwise submit for a FP application, not just marriage certificate.

If wife has a poor UK immigration history be aware of recent changes to UK's rules on SS that may effectively close the door on a SS gambit.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

londonukguy

Post by londonukguy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:12 pm

noajthan wrote:
You have less chance of getting to UK without FP for your wife.
And don't forget the 6 or 9 months (or year) your wife needs to spend with you residing in Italy first.
For a dependent stamp you will have to travel with all the documents you would otherwise submit for a FP application, not just marriage certificate.

If wife has a poor UK immigration history be aware of recent changes to UK's rules on SS that may effectively close the door on a SS gambit.
Oh really?
What are the recent rules about SS route?
I am not sure..
Do I have to live in Italy at least 6 months or my we both?
If my wife join me after few month I'm living in Italy and then we live There together would it be ok?
My wife applied applied student visa in past and got refused due to a document was not verified and was imposed 10 year ban and it just passed 5 years.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:25 pm

londonukguy wrote:Oh really?
I am not sure..
If my wife join me after few month I'm living in Italy and then we live There together would it be ok?
My wife applied applied student visa in past and got refused due to a document was not verified and was imposed 10 year ban and it just passed 5 years.
You need to understand what's been going on in this area rather than going on a wild goose chase to Italy and discovering its all just been an expensive holiday in the sun.

Yes wife may join you later.
The longer you both spend in Italy the better, with any kids in local schools, you both learning Italian, buying a house, doing voluntary work in community/church or other religious groups, getting a pet and etc etc.

See new guidance - note sections on centre of life and on frustrating/circumventing UK immigration controls:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ns-_v1.pdf

More discussion here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... %20changes

londonukguy

Post by londonukguy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:10 pm

Could anyone explain here what are new changes of SS route in compact and plain English
In my understanding only major change is to continue treaty rights when return to UK same as an EEA national.
For me it's no problem at all because wherever I live I have to work for living anyway so it does not bother me at all.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:26 pm

londonukguy wrote:Could anyone explain here what are new changes of SS route in compact and plain English
In my understanding only major change is to continue treaty rights when return to UK same as an EEA national.
For me it's no problem at all because wherever I live I have to work for living anyway so it does not bother me at all.
You have to do some of the heavy lifting here now that you have been made aware of important requirements and also changes you were apparently completely unaware of.

Have you read the new document that explains the situation? Here's a clue, read Stage 3 - 6 carefully after getting up to speed on Stages 1-2.
Have you read the linked discussion where others are also trying to figure out the legality and impact of such changes?

Wife has a clear history of UK immigration issues so this SS trip will be seen, on a balance of probabilities (which is the test applied), as a manoeuvre to circumvent such issues and her current ban.
And as such, under the recent changes, is likely to fail.
By the time wife's ban has ended UK will be out of EU so SS route won't exist.

londonukguy

Post by londonukguy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:11 pm

This is I'm asking
Where is new documents and changes?
Could you share here please the link and if possible explain these changes here.
Is there any change in proving centre of life?
One more question as I recently naturalised and there was a condition that I will make UK main home so moving centre of life to Italy mean breaking that condition or not?
Would be very nice if elobrate please

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:17 pm

noajthan wrote:
londonukguy wrote:Oh really?
I am not sure..
You need to understand what's been going on in this area rather than going on a wild goose chase to Italy and discovering its all just been an expensive holiday in the sun.

Yes wife may join you later.
The longer you both spend in Italy the better, with any kids in local schools, you both learning Italian, buying a house, doing voluntary work in community/church or other religious groups, getting a pet and etc etc.

See new guidance - note sections on centre of life and on frustrating/circumventing UK immigration controls:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ns-_v1.pdf

More discussion here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... %20changes
You were given the links in this post :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

londonukguy

Post by londonukguy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:52 pm

Ok thanks Casa
What about my question that if I show centre of life in other EU country does it mean I will be breach of condition of making UK my main home as I'm recently naturalised?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:39 am

londonukguy wrote:Ok thanks Casa
What about my question that if I show centre of life in other EU country does it mean I will be breach of condition of making UK my main home as I'm recently naturalised?
No it won't.
(Casa, not CR001)