ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Justeno
Newly Registered

Post by Justeno » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:36 am

Hello, I apologise for the long message but,
I need help with my upcoming application for naturalisation. I originally came to the Uk on a tier 4 student visa and later joined the army. The problem is I failed to declare that I had a child when I applied to come study in the UK. This is due to the fact that i had my son when I was young (17) and because I was shamed for it by my family and society had always been in denial of me having a child. Also at the time I did not think Ithat necessary to mention this as I did not intend to travel with my son. Anyway when I joined the army , I applied for a visa for my son and the application was rejected based on probability that he was not my son. I received the decision when the appeal window had passed as no one contacted me or my son to inform that the decision was out. I therefore decided to reapply later when I have money to do a dna and pay for another application fee.
The problem is I qualify for naturalisation now and I'm scared I will be denied based on good conduct requirement.
I really need your advice people,
Anyone who has been in same situation or who can advice would be appreciated.
Do I need a lawyer or are my chances slim.
Please don't be hard on me, just give me your advice. I know I made a mistake but at that time I did not think it an issue.

Justeno
Newly Registered

Post by Justeno » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:17 am

Hello, I apologise for the long message but,
I need help with my upcoming application for naturalisation. I originally came to the Uk on a tier 4 student visa and later joined the army. The problem is I failed to declare that I had a child when I applied to come study in the UK. This is due to the fact that i had my son when I was young (17) and because I was shamed for it by my family and society had always been in denial of me having a child. Also at the time I did not think Ithat necessary to mention this as I did not intend to travel with my son. Anyway when I joined the army , I applied for a visa for my son and the application was rejected based on probability that he was not my son. I received the decision when the appeal window had passed as no one contacted me or my son to inform that the decision was out. I therefore decided to reapply later when I have money to do a dna and pay for another application fee.
The problem is I qualify for naturalisation now and I'm scared I will be denied based on good conduct requirement.
I really need your advice people,
Anyone who has been in same situation or who can advice would be appreciated.
Do I need a lawyer or are my chances slim.
Please don't be hard on me, just give me your advice. I know I made a mistake but at that time I did not think it an issue.

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalisation application

Post by ohara » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:19 am

How long ago was this? The deception may have attracted a 10 year ban under the good character rule.

A lawyer won't be able to help you with that.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:18 am

@Justberka,
no need to spam the forum with multiple repeated posts.

Stay in your topic - this one.

If someone if free and knowledgeable and has time to answer then they surely will.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Justeno
Newly Registered

Post by Justeno » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:19 am

Ok thanks

Justeno
Newly Registered

Post by Justeno » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:17 pm

How long ago was this? The deception may have attracted a 10 year ban under the good character rule.

A lawyer won't be able to help you with that.

Hi Ohara. Thanks for your reply. This was five years ago but was not entirely my fault as the University agent told me to say no since I had no intention of travelling with child at the time. I have tried to contact her so that she confirms in writing of misguiding me but she is not cooperating. Anyway I was naive and know now I'm going to pay the price for it