ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Exten Refused

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

icrm
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Exten Refused

Post by icrm » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:33 am

Hi Zimba88 and others

Today I have received letter from Home Office saying my application was refused and following are points I have claimed.

Investment Evidence in UK- 0
Registered as Self-Employed or Director - 20
Business Activity at the time of application - 15
Creation of jobs in UK - 20
English Language - 10
Funds Maintenance - 10

Reason for refusal:

As evidence of Investment you have supplied
- A Director Loan Agreement
- Company bank Statements
- Unaudited accounts

The applicant must provide legal agreement between the applicant(in then name that appears on his application) and the company, showing:

1) the terms of the loan

2) any interest that is payable

3) the period of the loan and

4) that the loan is unsecured and subordinated in favour of third-party creditors.

The documents you have supplied to demonstrate the above do not meet the requirements as specified under Appendix A of the immigration rules because the Director Loan does not appear to be unsecured and subordinated in favor of third-party creditors.

Therefore you have failed to meet the requirements of this paragraph and no points have been awarded.

Now I have an option for Administrative Review. Can you please guide me.

Thanks

cappachino
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Exten Refused

Post by cappachino » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:43 am

icrm wrote:Hi Zimba88 and others

Today I have received letter from Home Office saying my application was refused and following are points I have claimed.

English Language - 10
Funds Maintenance - 10

Reason for refusal:

- Unaudited accounts

The applicant must provide legal agreement between the applicant(in then name that appears on his application) and the company, showing:

1) the terms of the loan

4) that the loan is unsecured and subordinated in favour of third-party creditors.

The documents you have supplied to demonstrate the above do not meet the requirements as specified under Appendix A of the immigration rules because the Director Loan does not appear to be unsecured and subordinated in favor of third-party creditors.

Therefore you have failed to meet the requirements of this paragraph and no points have been awarded.

Thanks
There seems to be an issue with your director loan agreement.
What was the wording? Did it say unsecured and subordinated in favour of third party.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:43 am

icrm wrote:Hi Zimba88 and others

English Language - 10
Funds Maintenance - 10

Reason for refusal:

- Unaudited accounts

1) the terms of the loan

Thanks
There seems to be an issue with your director loan agreement.
What was the wording? Did it say unsecured and subordinated in favour of third party.

sulemanca
Newly Registered

Post by sulemanca » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:00 am

Sorry to here that ..

Could you please update your timeline (application date and decision date) and the route (50k or 200k) ?

would be highly appreciate.

icrm
Newly Registered

Post by icrm » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:02 am

Hi cappachino,

There is a clause in my agreement:

"No third party has any interest in or security, rights lien, fixed or floating charge over any property or assets of the Borrower (except as disclosed in writing to the Lender before the date of this Agreement);"

Is that not mean loan is unsecured and no third party creditors ? Please advise.

Time Line:

It is £50k route.
Applied on Nov 07 2016
Biometrics: 17 Nov 2016
Refusal letter: 18 Jan 2017

Thanks

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:05 am

icrm wrote:Hi cappachino,

There is a clause in my agreement:

"No third party has any interest in or security, rights lien, fixed or floating charge over any property or assets of the Borrower (except as disclosed in writing to the Lender before the date of this Agreement);"

Is that not mean loan is unsecured and no third party creditors ? Please advise.

Time Line:

It is £50k route.
Applied on Nov 07 2016
Biometrics: 17 Nov 2016
Refusal letter: 18 Jan 2017

Thanks
No sorry it is not.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 am

Sorry for your refusal
Could you please tell us the exact wording of all your DL agreement
And how many singantures are there
Thanks
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

pauljohnson

Post by pauljohnson » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:32 am

Hello,

Sorry to hear about refusal

Director loan agreement must show the following terms

 The terms of the loan
 Any interest that is payable
 the period of the loan; and
 that the loan is unsecured and subordinated in favour of third-party creditors.

These points must be covered in loan agreement
But do not worry about the refusal coz you have been awarded all other points.
Now if you re apply you only need to send new loan agreement along with all other old documents.
Hopefully You would be granted visa
Best of luck

Did you get partial IHS Refund ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:50 pm

icrm wrote: There is a clause in my agreement:

Unsecured means that the lender (YOU) will have no claim on your financial assets if borrower (COMPANY) don't keep up repayments.
Instead of third party, it should have explicitly said 'the lender'.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

icrm
Newly Registered

Post by icrm » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi Zimba88,

Thanks for your response. So it is not possible for me convincing HO if I go for Admin review ? Please advise.

pauljohnson

No I did not received IHS refund. So you saying that I can make a fresh application just with the updated version of Director Loan and I can claim all other points which are awarded by submitting old documents ? Is that true Zimba88 ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:01 pm

So it is not possible for me convincing HO if I go for Admin review ? Please advise.
You can try
No I did not received IHS refund. So you saying that I can make a fresh application just with the updated version of Director Loan and I can claim all other points which are awarded by submitting old documents ? Is that true Zimba88 ?
Hopefully, however be aware that you must send a version of CAR, personal bank statements, etc with acceptable recent dates as required in the guide.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

icrm
Newly Registered

Post by icrm » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

zimba88 wrote:
So it is not possible for me convincing HO if I go for Admin review ? Please advise.
You can try
Hopefully, however be aware that you must send a version of CAR, personal bank statements, etc with acceptable recent dates as required in the guide.
CAR means ? and personal bank statements is that for funds maintenance. As HO has all my documents with the current application can i ask them to consider all the evidence apart from Investment points if I make a fresh application ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Current Appointment Report. You old evidence might not have the recent dates as required by the rules. The CAR needs to be dated within the last 90 days, your personal bank statements must cover the last 3 months

icrm
Newly Registered

Post by icrm » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:14 pm

zimba88 wrote:Current Appointment Report. You old evidence might not have the recent dates as required by the rules. The CAR needs to be dated within the last 90 days, your personal bank statements must cover the last 3 months
So When I make new application can I include following

- CAR
- Personal Bank Statements for funds maintenance
- New Director Loan agreement

And can I ask HO to consider my existing documents with them for all other evidence ?

icrm
Newly Registered

Post by icrm » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Zimba88 and others, Here is my Director Loan Agreement, please help me what points i can stress in Admin Review

Parties:

1. (the “Lender”)

2. (the Borrower”)

Introduction

The lender has agreed to make a loan to the Borrower on the terms set out below (the “Loan”)

Now the parties agree as follows:

1. Loan

The Lender will make available to the Borrower a Loan of £50,000. The first instalment of the Loan amounting to £4,200 will be made in the 1st instalment upon signature of this Agreement by transfer to the Borrower’s bank account, details of which are set out in the Schedule to this Agreement. The reminder if the Loan will be paid to the same account by the Lender by 01 Oct 2014.

2. Repayments of Interest

The Borrower will pay interest on the Loan at the rate of 0.5% above base rates for one year after the final Loan payment has been received by the Borrower. Interest will accrue on a yearly basis on the balance of the Loan. Interest will be payable annually in arrears on 31st January each year. The first interest payment will be made on 31st January 2018. The Lender will give advance notice to the Borrower of the amount of each interest payment which is due but failure to do so will not relieve the Borrower of its obligations under this Clause.

3. Repayments of Principal

The principal sum borrowed under the Loan will be repayable by 20 equal quarterly (every 3 months) instalments, the first repayment being due on 30th June 2017.

4. Prepayment

The Borrower may repay all or any part if the Loan at any time before the dates for repayment set out in Clause 3 above.

5. Payment of Loan and Interest

All payments due from the Borrower to the Lender will be made to the Lender’s bank account, details of which are set out in the Scheduler or to such other account as the Lender may from time to time notify in writing to the Borrower. Every payment, whether of interest or capital, will be made on the due date during normal banking hours on a day when banks are normally open for business (a “Banking Day”), unless the due date is one on which banks are not open for

business, in which case the payment will be made on the immediately preceding Banking Day.

6. Warranties

The Borrower warrants to the Lender that at the date of this Agreement:

6.1. The Borrower is a validly constituted limited company incorporated in England and Wales;

6.2. There is nothing in the Borrower’s Memorandum & Articles of Association which may prevent or restrict the ability of the Borrower to enter into this Agreement;

6.3. The Borrower has provided the Lender with a copy of its unaudited accounts for the last three financial years and the Borrower is aware of no material adverse change in its business or financial affairs since those accounts were prepared;

6.4. No claims have been made against the Borrower, nor is the Borrower a party to any pending litigation or arbitration or other legal proceedings;

6.5. The Borrower is not aware of any circumstances which may result in any of the matters specified in clause 6.4 above arising in the foreseeable future;

6.6. No third party has any interest in or security, rights lien, fixed or floating charge over any property or assets of the Borrower) except as disclosed in writing to the Lender before the date of this Agreement);

6.7. The Borrower has no outstanding loans form any third party (except as disclosed in writing to the Lender before the date of this Agreement); and

7. Information

The Borrower will during this Agreement supply the Lender with:

7.1. A copy of the unaudited accounts of the Borrower when they become available;

7.2. Any other information which the Lender may from time to time request in writing concerning the Borrower’s business and financial condition.

8. Undertakings of the Borrower

The Borrower undertakes with the Lender that so long as this Agreement remains in the place it will not without the prior written consent of the Lender (to be granted or withheld at the unfettered discretion of the Lender):

8.1. Enter into any agreement with any third party for the borrowing of money;

8.2. Sell or dispose of any of its property or assets other than in the normal course of trading;

8.3. Grant any security, lien or charge (whether fixed or floating) to any third party over any of its property or assets;

8.4. Incur any liability to any third party except in the normal course of business.

9. Default

If the Borrower:

9.1. Fails to make any payment (whether of interest or principal) due under this Agreement on the due date; or

9.2. Becomes insolvent, passes a resolution for its winding up or enters into any negotiations with its creditors to avoid insolvency or has a receiver or liquidator or administrative receiver appointed over any of its assets; or

9.3. Fails to pay its debts as they become due; or

9.4. Suffers any change in its financial condition which, in the opinion of the Lender, is material; or

9.5. Commits a breach of any of the terms of this Agreement,

Then in any such case, the Lender shall be entitled to give the Borrower written notice that the Loan and all accrued interest is immediately due and payable and the Borrower shall immediately comply with the terms of the notice.

10. Change of Ownership

The Lender reserves the right to terminate this Agreement with immediate effect by written notice and to call on the Borrower to repay the Loan and all accrued interest if, in the opinion of the Lender, there has been any change in the ownership of the Borrower (including any change in the identity of the shareholders or the proportions of the Borrower’s issued share capital held by existing shareholders) which might prejudice the interests of the Lender.

11. Assignment

The Borrower’s interest in this Agreement will not be assignable to any third party.

12. Waiver

No Waiver by the Lender in respect of any breach of this Agreement shall operate as a waiver in respect of any subsequent breach.

13. Notices

Any notice will be effective if sent by post or email address of the recipient shown in this Agreement. Every notice correctly addressed and sent by post will be treated as having been delivered on the second Banking Day after the date of posting.

14. Governing Law and Disputes

This Agreement is governed by the law of England and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.

15. Counterparts

This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts and all of such counterparts taken together shall be deemed to constitute one and the same instrument.

SIGNED by duly authorised signatories of the parties

SIGNED_________________________________________ (Print name and position)

For and on behalf of the Lender

In the presence of:

Dated: _________________________

SIGNED _______________________________________ (print name and position)

For and on behalf of the Borrower

In the presence of:

Dated: _________________________

iamcr01
Newly Registered

Post by iamcr01 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Hi Zimba88 and others,

I have lost my password and not able to request new one using Forgot Password, so i have created new login.

For the same issue above am planning to make fresh application and for that most of my required documents like Employee P45, and business bank statements are with HOME OFFICE and I don't have any copies of those. My Bank said it will take 10 working days to get statements again. Can you advise what can I do in this situation and for 90 days statements i have a latest one. Now am planning to show investment as Share Capital, my accountant converted my director loan to share capital for this do I need to show my business transactions again ?

Response is really appreciated i was left in back burner with responses earlier.

Thanks

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:01 pm

I believe if you go into one the bank branch they will be able to print that and get it stamped on all the pages . This will be acceptable with HO I think.
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi,
You don't need business bank statements with share capital investment. However it can go in extra documents. You should be careful as its ur second application.
1. Get recent CAR from companies house; update your confirmation statements with share capital investment (might not be necessary, seniors can guide better)
2. Your accounts should be made carefully, clearly showing your investment with your name, values of shares, total shares etc on date of purchase in accounts notes
3. Personal bank statements can be printed within branch and get stamped.

One person got extension approved with following DL agreement though you have changed it to share capital now

Director Loan agreement (I signed as myself and as the director and no witnesses)

THIS AGREEMENT is made on the 01 of January 2013

Between,

Lender: XYZ, Director of XYZ Limited
Borrower: XYZ Limited, 123456789
Amount of Loan: £ 50,000
Repayment Period of Loan: 60 Months after the initial 5 years
Amount payable: £ 50,000
Annual Percentage Rate: 0 %

Terms of the Loan
1. The lender shall lend or make available to the Company the sum of £ 50,000 (‘the Loan’) for a total period of 5 years. The loan, if not transferred at the date of this contract than must be transferred before 30th November 2015. The term of the loan will start immediately after the transfer.
2. The repayment period will starting at the end of the 5th year for a period of 5 years, amounting to 60 Monthly repayments.
3. In consideration of the Lender lending or making available the Loan the Company covenants and undertakes to repay the Loan to the Lender on the Repayment Date or on any earlier date on which the Loan may become repayable pursuant to this agreement.
4. The loan is unsecured and subordinated in favour of third-party creditors.
5. The lender must ensure that the Loan is available in lenders accounts on the signing date and credited to the company business account on or before 30th November 2015.
6. Notwithstanding anything else contained in this agreement the whole of the Loan or so much of it as for the time being remains outstanding and all interest accrued but unpaid shall immediately become repayable in any if the Company shall be unable to pay its debts within the meaning assigned to that expression by the Insolvency Act 1986 Section 123 or if the Company shall certify that it is unable to pay its debts as and when they shall fall due.

Signed on behalf of Company
Name: Mr. XYZ

Signed: …………………………………………………………………………………………
Position: Company Director
Dated: 01 January 2013

Lenders Full Name: Mr. XYZ

Signed: ……………………………………………………………………………………………
Dated: 01 January 2013

iamcr01
Newly Registered

Post by iamcr01 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi Meesha,

Thanks for your response. With my previous application I have submitted original documents like Employees P45. P46. Can I request in a covering letter to Home Office to consider evidence from my previous application ? Is that possible ?

Thanks

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi CR01,
I believe those documents are still with HO. So you should mention it in your cover letter to consider them.
Good luck

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:49 pm

iamcr01 wrote:Hi Meesha,

Thanks for your response. With my previous application I have submitted original documents like Employees P45. P46. Can I request in a covering letter to Home Office to consider evidence from my previous application ? Is that possible ?

Thanks
I reckon that what we all do.

In line with your prev.application [the refused one] where you have successfully given the points to all except of the investment. Which is why, you can simply claim those approved points back again in this application and rebuild your application with the score-not-given attribute only. As other colleagues suggested, careful checks on your account, supply other documents as per the guidance.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:52 pm

I mean to say mention in your cover letter about the approved points and all required evidences of them are with the HO already, with your prev application reference.

iamcr01
Newly Registered

Post by iamcr01 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:46 am

As am planning to make fresh application and showing my investment as Share Capital. Can you please suggest what all the evidence I have submit as part of investment.

Thanks
Uday

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Please note this might not be all [as I am not reading the guidance at the moment] but I reckon a fresh CAR, fresh company house documents where you have updated your share investments, share certificates, and of course the updated [amended] accounts [duly signed] where investment mode has been changed, are the key ones.

Talk with your accountant in this issues promptly, as they might take some time to build all what you needed and go with the guidance....

And all the best.
iamcr01 wrote:As am planning to make fresh application and showing my investment as Share Capital. Can you please suggest what all the evidence I have submit as part of investment.

Thanks
Uday

iamcr01
Newly Registered

Post by iamcr01 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Can someone suggest accountant confirmation letter for Investment Confirmation as Share Capital please this is quite urgent for me.

Thanks