ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS + JCAP Officer says no payslips/HMRC letter required?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nezinho

NCS + JCAP Officer says no payslips/HMRC letter required?

Post by nezinho » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Hello All,

I applied for UK Naturalisation and a UK Passport today via Swindon Borough Council NCS+JCAP service today (Jan 23rd 2017). My application was based on five years continuous residence and an ILR since September 2015. I am currently a non-EU/EEA national.

I completed the form with all necessary documentation and mentioned my employment history for the last 10 years.

To support this evidence I provided my payslips for the last 10 months and HMRC proof of employment letters going back 10 years. I have always been an employee with PAYE (either short term, or long term employment).

The issue I have is that the NCS+JCAP officer from the Council that interviewed me and verified my documents said that they do not need my payslips or HMRC proof of employment letters. She said those documents are only needed for EU/EEA nationals because it is the only way to prove they were in the UK for the five year qualifying period because their passports do not get stamped when they move between EU countries. However for me because I'm from outside the EU/EEA, they have my entry and exit information in my passports.

I mentioned that the AN-Guide document (2016 and 2017) does ask for payslip/employment history as supporting evidence but she said she does not need it. So at that point I left things alone as I believe she knows what she's doing and has done many of these before.

My question to you all is, is she correct? Did I not need to submit my payslips and HMRC proof of employment history? Or should I have insisted that she included those documents? I guess UKVI will very with HMRC directly anyway but I put in so much time and effort to get all these documents together, only to be told it was not needed. I'm confused.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: NCS + JCAP Officer says no payslips/HMRC letter required

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:00 pm

I only provided a letter from my employee (same for the 10 year period) which was accepted by NCS and by UKVI - not sure why there are so many stories of what is or is not accepted.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

fafs
Newly Registered

Post by fafs » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:24 am

I was told exactly the same. No P60's or any other HMRC document was included in my application and I'm also non-EEA citizen.

It would be great if a senior member can give their thoughts to this ?

askhan

Post by askhan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:40 am

Hi Mate.

I had the same experience I took all the HMRC docs , payslips, p60, SA, Employment history. But been advised to only provide the company letter for the current job. No other paperwork attached.

I take this is normal, as they did ask to fill the Tax reference number which contains the whole story.
I am sure we are good here.

Thanks
Ak
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

fafs
Newly Registered

Post by fafs » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:50 pm

I wasn't even asked for a letter from my employer - all I included was complete employment history and current employers tax address.

I assume getting information from HMRC (if required) would be easily obtainable by HO anyway ?

sjy22
Newly Registered

Post by sjy22 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:17 pm

I applied for the citizenship in January 2016 (NCS only).
I asked the same questions to NCS staff according to the AN Guide and I was told I didn't need to submit the employment documents (P60 etc.) without any explanation.
I got the approval letter without any problem in May 2016 and the citizenship certificate later that month.

My wife applied for the citizenship in June 2016 (NCS + JCAP, at a different county council).
She also asked the same questions to NCS staff according to the AN Guide and she was told she didn't need to submit the employment documents (P60 etc.) without any explanation.
She got the approval letter without any problem in October 2016 and the citizenship certificate later December (due to the overseas schedule).

Probably, nezinho's officer was right.
My wife and I were non-EU citizens. We weren't asked for any additional evidences during the processes. Just straightforward approval letters 3 or 4 month later.

Be patient and just enjoy your waiting game!

fafs
Newly Registered

Post by fafs » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Thanks for that - feel reassured!

Wish the rest of us still waiting good luck!!

babyabull
Newly Registered

Post by babyabull » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:12 pm

How about for EU citizens? As I already provided all this information when I got my certificate of permanent residence (EU). Do I need to bring all those P45's , payslips etc again? Many thanks in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:42 am

babyabull wrote:How about for EU citizens? As I already provided all this information when I got my certificate of permanent residence (EU). Do I need to bring all those P45's , payslips etc again? Many thanks in advance.
BC application is not a re-run of PR - comes under separate laws also - you must provide the document types asked for in AN form for the period covered (which is not the period you acquired PR in).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.