ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits and Naturalisation

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

virgotash

Benefits and Naturalisation

Post by virgotash » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi,

I got ILR last year via Tier 1 General route. My wife has also ILR but my kids still on previous visa issued as tier1 general dependent and still have time to expire. My question is if I claim working and child tax credit etc. will this make any effect for my Naturalisation.

Thanks in advance.

.............................Sorry for some internet connection problem post for 4 times ........

noajthan

Re: Benefits and Naturalisation

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:18 pm

No effect.

Slow responae is known issue and has been repoeted to Board Admin.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi Thanks for very quick response. I was actually worried as on BRP of kids says No Public funds that's why was worried.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:27 pm

virgotash wrote:Hi Thanks for very quick response. I was actually worried as on BRP of kids says No Public funds that's why was worried.
But they won't be making any claim.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:19 pm

virgotash wrote:Hi,

I got ILR last year via Tier 1 General route. My wife has also ILR but my kids still on previous visa issued as tier1 general dependent and still have time to expire. My question is if I claim working and child tax credit etc. will this make any effect for my Naturalisation.
Child Benefit in your name only as that is a public fund which your wife must not take.

Tax Credits in both names as it is benefit fraud to claim to be single when you are not. However, you may be in an area where Universal Credit has already replaced Tax Credits and that has diffrent rules for claimants, although your wife's earning, savings, capital, etc still will be used in your claim.

When you apply you will find out if UC is already in for your area. Over the next couple of years, everyone will be moved onto Universal Credit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Petaltop wrote:

Child Benefit in your name only as that is a public fund which your wife must not take.
OPs wife holds ILR. Only children hold dependent visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Petaltop wrote:

OPs wife holds ILR. Only children hold dependent visas.

Ooops, sorry :oops:

If your wife isn't working or isn't earning enough to pay NICs, then put the CB in her name to get a credit towards her state pension. UK state pensions are now only paid on our own contributions. If you earn over the CB threshold, you will have to complete a SA with HMRC.
Read about it here
https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit/overview

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Thanks very much Petaltop and CR001. Yes, I will claim on my wife's name as she is not working.