ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Travel before curtailment letter but after notification

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

EU Travel before curtailment letter but after notification

Post by rubyracer2 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:25 am

Hi everyone,

My company is currently in administration and will probably go into liquidation by sometime next month. The HR has informed the Home Office about the administration and will do it for liquidation once the date is confirmed.

I have not yet received the curtailment letter or any other notification from the Home Office. Meanwhile I have got an interview in Amsterdam in Mid Feb. If the home office are notified about my visa curtailment before I leave but they have not issued the curtailment letter yet, would I still be allowed back in the country. The interview is only for a day so it's not a long period. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: EU Travel before curtailment letter but after notificati

Post by manci » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Read paras 12.9 and 12.10 of the sponsor guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1-2016.pdf

Find out what exactly HR reported to the Home Office and if the Administrator has been appointed as the Authorising Officer.

Has your sponsorship been terminated and, if so, from what date? If it has, your leave will be curtailed in due course but the curtailment will only be effective from the date the Home Office' make their decision to curtail.

If the company, now managed by the Administrator, has not terminated your sponsorship (yet) your leave continues and there shouldn't be any problems travelling to Amsterdam.

As you probably know, once your leave is curtailed it will lapse if you depart from the UK. It can be a tricky situation if the curtailment letter is on its way but you haven't received it yet and you travel to Amsterdam albeit for 1 day only. The Border Force Officer may exercise discretion letting you enter but this cannot be taken for granted.

Make sure the HO have your correct home address.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:52 am

Hi Manci thanks for your reply.

My sponsorship will be terminated by the end of next week. If the curtailment has not been done (I assume it takes 2-3 weeks for the HO to get around to it), is the travel safe? Would the change of status be visible to the border control officer even if the HO haven't yet started my curtailment period?

rocklee
Newly Registered

Post by rocklee » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:25 pm

Hello everyone,

My situation is almost similar. I would be intereseted to know comments for the second quesion asked by rubyracer2.
If company has not yet informed HO that compnay is liquidated or just informed 2 days back or so. Considering HO takes some time to curtail visa, I assume 1 week atleast. Can I travel in that window gap or 1 week?

Thank you so much,

Regards,
Rockleee