ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help With Understanding Some Stuff

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ambarian
Newly Registered

Need Help With Understanding Some Stuff

Post by Ambarian » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:50 pm

Okay, apologies if I put this in wrong place, the number of forums and things just confuse me a lot. Easy to do as I'm Autistic, which is one of the points I'll be seeking help/clarification on here.

This is my second post to these forums, and the subject matters pretty much the same, regarding getting my girlfriend (And likely future wife) whose a Chinese National into the UK with me.

In my previous post, Noajthan kindly told me there's the spouse visa route or if I didn't meet the requirements, then Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 4 would be the other choice since she's a student working towards her MD.

Since the direct route of getting a spouse visa requires an income of £18,600 a year, that's quite clearly out as I'm in no condition to work full time due to mental health conditions, however that brings me to what must be a recent change I found on the .Gov website as I sure as heck don't recall this last time I was there;

"You won’t need to prove you have this money if you or your partner get certain disability benefits or Carer’s Allowance, but you’ll need to adequately accommodate and support yourselves and any dependants."

Now, as it stands, I receive ESA (I'm in the Support Group) and could likely get PIP if I applied for it since I have issues with properly communicating, making decisions, engaging with people and so much more due to my mental health conditions and almost always have my mum (Whose acted as my carer for years) with me.

So would claiming ESA/PIP mean that if my girlfriend and I were married abroad, or at least engaged to be married, we wouldn't need to have the £18,600 (Seriously, that amounts outrageous) that is being required to get her into the UK with me?

Because all we really want is to be together and her moving to the UK is the preferred choice, mainly because of the various support structures in place here to help me deal with my disabilities, which wouldn't exist in China, mores the pity.

Petaltop

Re: Need Help With Understanding Some Stuff

Post by Petaltop » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:48 am

Ambarian wrote: "You won’t need to prove you have this money if you or your partner get certain disability benefits or Carer’s Allowance, but you’ll need to adequately accommodate and support yourselves and any dependants."

So would claiming ESA/PIP mean that if my girlfriend and I were married abroad, or at least engaged to be married, we wouldn't need to have the £18,600
You would need to be in receipt of PIP to be able to sponsor a partner under adequate maintenance financial requirements.

How to calculate adequate maintenance is on the Immigration for family members board.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 05533.html

Petaltop

Re: Need Help With Understanding Some Stuff

Post by Petaltop » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:56 am