ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time with DCPR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

agnetha007

Time with DCPR

Post by agnetha007 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:44 pm

I recently got all the paperwork necessary to apply for BC. I have DCPR (with PR acquired in 2015) and passed Life in the UK test (the knowledge of English is covered by the UK university degree), so everything is ready to go.. Unfortunately, my home country does not permit dual-citizenship and I certainly do not want to risk losing my EU citizenship. There is some hope that in 2019 there might be a referendum in my home country to amend the constitution and allow the dual citizenship. So, I am planning to wait a little bit and see what happens. :)

Having learnt from some of my challenges with the DCPR, I do not want to complicate my future by not collecting some documents or by making some other mistakes which could bite me in the future. :roll: I read the AN form, its guide and the booklet. Some questions:

- The guide says: "You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years."

I am self-employed via limited company and pretty much all documents are filled electronically these days. Would NI record from HMRC be sufficient or I will need to ask my accountant to prepare some yearly statements? A lot of this was already covered by the DCPR application. Do I need to keep all those old papers? Should I keep collecting the bank statements, bills, etc as an evidence of physical presence for the next few years?

- "To satisfy the residence requirement you must not have been absent for more than 90 days in the last 12 months. And the total number of day’s absence for the whole 5 year period should not exceed 450."

It does not say 90 days per year or that the days have to be evenly distributed, so.. I may as well spend the entire year abroad and other years in the UK (without hitting the total and last 12 month thresholds) and that would still be fine? Is such interpretation supported by HO or courts?

Thank you!

noajthan

Re: Time with DCPR

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:51 pm

Yes generate and keep all residence evidence - for ever.
Cultivate professionals as referees.

Absence is no mystery and nothing to do with PR rules.
Absence 90 days in 12 months before date of application.
If a 6(1) application then total 450 over past 5 years.
Proof of physical presence 5 years to day of application.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.