ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business has a UK bank account of which you're a Signatory

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bajo85
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Business has a UK bank account of which you're a Signatory

Post by bajo85 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:56 pm

Dear respected members and gurus,

Applicants are required to send proof of bank account of businesses in which they have invested. It could be a bank statement or bank account signatory confirmation letter in accordance with the following extract from policy guidance,

a) Company bank statement showing that the company has a UK account; or
b) A letter from the UK- regulated bank, on its headed paper, confirming that the company has a bank account and you are a signatory of that account.

What I understand is, If investing by way of SHARE CAPITAL, applicants are not required to show the "Money transfer transaction(s)" thus they can provide either a bank statement or signatory confirmation letter.

If investment is made in the form of DIRECTOR'S LOAN then they MUST submit bank statement(s) showing the "Money transfer transaction(s)" together with Signatory confirmation letter

Dear gurus, please guide me if I understood this part of guidance correctly?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Business has a UK bank account of which you're a Signato

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:22 pm

If investment is made in the form of DIRECTOR'S LOAN then they MUST submit bank statement(s) showing the "Money transfer transaction(s)" together with Signatory confirmation letter
No, the letter is not required if you are sending bank statements in any case
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bajo85
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by bajo85 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:15 pm

Thank You guru Zimba88

Sir please comment on the following
bajo85 wrote:
What I understand is, If investing by way of SHARE CAPITAL, applicants are not required to show the "Money transfer transaction(s)" thus they can provide either a bank statement or signatory confirmation letter.
Will providing bank account signatory confirmation letter be enough :?: (in case of share capital investment :!: )

Thank you

live4pride
- thin ice -

Post by live4pride » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:24 pm

In this case I provided a letter from Bank on Headed paper/stationary with all details as requested along with the relevant section. In addition I also included 3 months bank statements in a separate folder labelled as Other Additional Documents. I have just applied so cant say much. As per the guidance submitting business bank statement are not a requirement to prove share capital investment but is required to prove you are a signatory and business has a uk business bank account therefore I submitted both documents. Hope it helps?
where there's a will there's a way

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:10 pm

No need to send bank statements for share capital, only send the most recent statement to prove you have a business bank account
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bajo85
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by bajo85 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:22 pm

Thank You @live4pride ... Wish you good luck

bajo85
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by bajo85 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:24 pm

Thank You Sir @Zimba88

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:50 pm

live4pride wrote:In this case I provided a letter from Bank on Headed paper/stationary with all details as requested along with the relevant section. In addition I also included 3 months bank statements in a separate folder labelled as Other Additional Documents. I have just applied so cant say much. As per the guidance submitting business bank statement are not a requirement to prove share capital investment but is required to prove you are a signatory and business has a uk business bank account therefore I submitted both documents. Hope it helps?
Agreed, I had been to my business banks to ask for these sort of letters. They were very reluctant saying the statement itself confirms that business has got account and about its signatory. And I couldn't go much insisting for one as they had points.