ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Permanent residence date for AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

heath2006

EEA Permanent residence date for AN form

Post by heath2006 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:41 pm

[quote="guillaume_london"]Thank you for your answer.

I am planning to apply using NCS but I am worried that the home office rejects my application as I have no evidence of when I received PR and following my call to the citizen advice it seems that they are rejecting some applications.

Anyone having similar problems?[/quote]

Just came across your post. I automatically acquired PR as an EU citizen on 1st Jan 2016. My husband (non EU) and I received our PR cards in June 2016. There was no mention on the letter what date the HO noted down the date we acquired PR. My husband had his NCS appointment last week and was told on the day by the council officer that the HO registered our date for PR at the end of March 2016. I was fuming to say the least. The correct date is the 1st of Jan 2016. This is the date I completed 5 years of exercising my treaty rights as an EU citizen. I assume the date the HO case worker started looking at our file was at the end of March - nearly 3 months after we posted our application. The whole naturalisation process is now put on hold until the end of March. He had to rebook the NCS appointment for a later date plus the form will probably change by then and the reference section will have to be completed again. Personally, I think it's outrageous and the mistake the HO caseworker made is unforgivable.

noajthan

Re: EEA Permanent residence date for AN form

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:53 pm

heath2006 wrote:Just came across your post. I automatically acquired PR as an EU citizen on 1st Jan 2016. My husband (non EU) and I received our PR cards in June 2016. There was no mention on the letter what date the HO noted down the date we acquired PR. My husband had his NCS appointment last week and was told on the day by the council officer that the HO registered our date for PR at the end of March 2016. I was fuming to say the least. The correct date is the 1st of Jan 2016. This is the date I completed 5 years of exercising my treaty rights as an EU citizen. I assume the date the HO case worker started looking at our file was at the end of March - nearly 3 months after we posted our application. The whole naturalisation process is now put on hold until the end of March. He had to rebook the NCS appointment for a later date plus the form will probably change by then and the reference section will have to be completed again. Personally, I think it's outrageous and the mistake the HO caseworker made is unforgivable.
You may even have a case for having acquired PR as early as 2015.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... ml#p730728

Unfortunately poor back-end systems and poorly-trained (or poorly-resourced/time-poor) staff mean you would have a fight on your hands to correct your record in CID.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

heath2006

Re: EEA Permanent residence date for AN form

Post by heath2006 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:27 pm

[quote="noajthan"][quote="heath2006"]Just came across your post. I automatically acquired PR as an EU citizen on 1st Jan 2016. My husband (non EU) and I received our PR cards in June 2016. There was no mention on the letter what date the HO noted down the date we acquired PR. My husband had his NCS appointment last week and was told on the day by the council officer that the HO registered our date for PR at the end of March 2016. I was fuming to say the least. The correct date is the 1st of Jan 2016. This is the date I completed 5 years of exercising my treaty rights as an EU citizen. I assume the date the HO case worker started looking at our file was at the end of March - nearly 3 months after we posted our application. The whole naturalisation process is now put on hold until the end of March. He had to rebook the NCS appointment for a later date plus the form will probably change by then and the reference section will have to be completed again. Personally, I think it's outrageous and the mistake the HO caseworker made is unforgivable.[/quote]

You may even have a case for having acquired PR as early as 2015.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... ml#p730728

Unfortunately poor back-end systems and poorly-trained (or poorly-resourced/time-poor) staff mean you would have a fight on your hands to correct your record in CID.[/quote]

Thanks for your response noajthan. I called the HO the other day and was told the only way to get in touch about my query is via mail. I posted a letter this morning. Let's wait and see what will happen.