ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address after joint citizenship and passport appli

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coolguy20k15

Change of address after joint citizenship and passport appli

Post by coolguy20k15 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:01 pm

Hello All,

I had applied for my wife's joint citizenship and passport application in Manchester. Month after her application, we moved to Essex. I changed the address using Home Office change of address website.

Today we have received a confirmation of successful Citizenship application and invitation to the ceremony.

My question is, do I need to tell passport office regarding the change of address or they should be having my updated address from Home Office database? In my passport application, they have my old address. Thanks.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change of address after joint citizenship and passport a

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:07 pm

Yes, you should tell HMPO, which is a completely different government department.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coolguy20k15

Post by coolguy20k15 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:12 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes, you should tell HMPO, which is a completely different government department.
Thanks. Can you provide me with a number / email id where I should contact them? Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Google?!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:17 pm

And the HMPO gov website :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sjy22
Newly Registered

Post by sjy22 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:42 am

My wife had the same situation.

If you look at your JCAP application receipt, you will find their contact number. Contact them with this number and tell them your JCAP reference number and your situation.

They will tell you a post address for your address change request letter and will ask you to send the letter (with your JCAP reference number) and an evidence of your address change (ie, bank or mortgage statement with new address) before your ceremony.

My wife sent to them the request letter with copies of her bank statement and citizen ceremony invitation letter.

She was sent back her evidences a few days later.

She got her passport 4 days later after the ceremony.