ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Fee vs. Cost to home office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

ILR Fee vs. Cost to home office

Post by paradoxical » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi all,
I just saw this document related to the cost of various visa applications to the home office and the fee that they charge against it. According to the document, the cost of an ILR application for standard applications is only £434, but the application fee is £1875. This is four times more than the actual cost, and while I understand that the Home Office has every right to charge whatever they desire, but does this not sound unfair at all (to have a fee which is more than 4 times the cost)? The question of fairness or any kind of ethics does not apply here? Any thoughts? And has anyone ever raised this issue on any forum, referring to the document published by the Home Office itself?
Here is the link : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Table.pdf

secret.simon

Re: ILR Fee vs. Cost to home office

Post by secret.simon » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:25 pm

Also see this link and the link within that post.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

seasky
BANNED

Re: ILR Fee vs. Cost to home office

Post by seasky » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:16 am

Maybe it is to discourge only those who are very serious to apply?

Remember after ILR u have access to public funding if the fee is too much u will probably be a burden on this funding quite fast.