ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension or ilr, which option is better?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Faizlvmt
United Kingdom

Tier 1 extension or ilr, which option is better?

Post by Faizlvmt » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Hello members,
i always reading all suggestions from all memebers which have been really helpful for me thanks but now i was confused my 10 years will be completed on 19 june 2017 i am on tier 1 entrepreneur visa which will be expired on 27 mar 2017 i have putted 22000 pounds cash in my business account then i have been told it should be dir unsecured loan so the rest i putted as should be.i have completed all other requirements so far it almost done.business activity is weak is there any chance should i apply for 10 years long residency it will save my fees which is nearly 5000 pounds with wife and 1 child my child born here 4 years old they went pakistan for 1 year but now here with me. should i apply for extension or ILR please give me your advice it will be great help thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 extension or ilr, which option is better?

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:30 pm

You cannot apply for ILR before your visa expires. If you do, it is too early and will likely be refused as you do not qualify.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:40 pm

If you apply under 10 year long residence your wife and child will have to switch to FLR(M) which will reset their immigration clock and put them on a new 5 year (2.5 x 2.5) route to ILR.

In addition to the visa fees they will also have to pay the NHS surcharge of £500 each.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Faizlvmt
United Kingdom

Post by Faizlvmt » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:49 pm

CR001 wrote:You cannot apply for ILR before your visa expires. If you do, it is too early and will likely be refused as you do not qualify.
i was calculation if i consider 28 days before then its 45 days and if i put direct for ilr they will take at least 1 month minimum thats why i was thinking to put ilr application but confuse about wife and child?

Faizlvmt
United Kingdom

Post by Faizlvmt » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Casa wrote:If you apply under 10 year long residence your wife and child will have to switch to FLR(M) which will reset their immigration clock and put them on a new 5 year (2.5 x 2.5) route to ILR.

In addition to the visa fees they will also have to pay the NHS surcharge of £500 each.
its ok for wife but i will get ilr then my child can apply for naturalization ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:53 pm

The date of application will be the date of posting, regardless of the processing time.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Faizlvmt
United Kingdom

Post by Faizlvmt » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Casa wrote:The date of application will be the date of posting, regardless of the processing time.
what does it mean the date of application mean the date of posting? i could not understand

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Faizlvmt wrote:
Casa wrote:The date of application will be the date of posting, regardless of the processing time.
what does it mean the date of application mean the date of posting? i could not understand
When you are calculating the date you are able to submit your ILR application, consider that you post your application no earlier than 28 days before your current visa expires.

As you child was born outside of the UK they will qualify for ILR at the same time as your wife. They won't be able to apply for BC when you are granted ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)

Faizlvmt
United Kingdom

Post by Faizlvmt » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Casa wrote:
Faizlvmt wrote:
When you are calculating the date you are able to submit your ILR application, consider that you post your application no earlier than 28 days before your current visa expires.

As you child was born outside of the UK they will qualify for ILR at the same time as your wife. They won't be able to apply for BC when you are granted ILR.
thanks for reply CASA i will apply for extension my child born in the uk in 2013 and went back for one year and now he is back with valid visa question is now should i apply me and my wife T1 extension visa then after ilr my child neutralization because he born in uk??