ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in 2018

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wtmlive

ILR in 2018

Post by wtmlive » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Every year I change sponsors and go to a new place. I am planning on doing the same this year in September.
The new visa that i get will expire most probably by September or early October 2018.
I will complete 5 years of continuous stay on Tier 2 by 22nd October 2018. (My ILR Date).

Considering that would I have to apply for a new job and a CoS as well as a Tier 2 application to be made just for to be entitled to work for a period of a month or so?

I will have to change sponsors again from September 2018 anyway.

my second question is regarding the sponsorship that I need to provide for ILR. Is it a Certificate of sponsorship or a mere letter stating that I am still required for a job that meets the salary threshold?

Any help is appreciated as I am in this on my own.
Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR in 2018

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:17 pm

Why do you 'have to' change sponsors every year and why do you 'have to' change sponsors in September 2018??

What type of work do you do that requires a change in sponsor every year? Are you contracting?

It is a letter you need not a CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:18 pm

wtmlive wrote:Every year I change sponsors and go to a new place. I am planning on doing the same this year in September.
The new visa that i get will expire most probably by September or early October 2018.
I will complete 5 years of continuous stay on Tier 2 by 22nd October 2018. (My ILR Date).

Considering that would I have to apply for a new job and a CoS as well as a Tier 2 application to be made just for to be entitled to work for a period of a month or so?

This kind of of instability may very well disqualify you for ILR under the Tier 2 route. What kind of work it it? Seems suspiciously not quite under the umbrella of Tier 2.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:18 pm

ouflak1 wrote:
wtmlive wrote:Every year I change sponsors and go to a new place. I am planning on doing the same this year in September.

This kind of of instability may very well disqualify you for ILR under the Tier 2 route. What kind of work it it? Seems suspiciously not quite under the umbrella of Tier 2.
The above is totally wrong and not based on fact.
All hospital doctors have to renew visa every year.
Some researchers have to renew every

wtmlive

Post by wtmlive » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:52 pm

I am an NHS doctor and my contracts last 6 months or 1 year normally. Even British doctors have to move jobs every year as they go to new rotations. I am not in an official training programme so I just re-apply for a job every year.
I was hoping to move to a new job in October 2018 with my ILR.
Can someone please answer the original question if they can.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:27 am

You will need to extend or apply for a new visa with a new sponsor to cover the period that you are short for ILR. You will need a letter from your employer at that time to state 'you will be required for the foreseeable future....'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:51 am

I would suggest that you should not try to save money and bite the bullet to keep everything safe.
If i were u, i would the following.
Move jobs, and get new tier 2.
Once u have the new tier 2 which would be like a year long, then apply for ilr with a letter from hospital stating your current contract end date.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:28 pm

iworker wrote:
ouflak1 wrote:

This kind of of instability may very well disqualify you for ILR under the Tier 2 route. What kind of work is it? Seems suspiciously not quite under the umbrella of Tier 2.
This is why we kept asking what kind of work you do as that is a critical detail necessary for us to give you useful information. Could you post a link to the requirement for annual visa renewal by doctors working at a hospital?

wtmlive

Post by wtmlive » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:34 pm

ouflak1 wrote:
iworker wrote:
ouflak1 wrote:

This kind of of instability may very well disqualify you for ILR under the Tier 2 route. What kind of work is it? Seems suspiciously not quite under the umbrella of Tier 2.

This is why we kept asking what kind of work you do as that is a critical detail necessary for us to give you useful information. Could you post a link to the requirement for annual visa renewal by doctors working at a hospital?

There's no "requirement" as such, however, it is the common way of doing things. I know doctors who have not changed posts since they have started (6 years in same hospital), so it's up to the individual and the sponsoring hospital to decide. I have chosen to regularly change jobs as a means of career progression.

I have managed to get my current sponsors to agree for a new three year COS, my question is now, that I would have completed the 6 year maximum visa extension by October 2019, the new COS will be valid until 2020. Will the home office simply extend my visa until the date mentioned on the COS or only extend it until the last possible date of 2019, when I am due to complete 6 years? Or will they reject the new COS and I should discuss with my sponsors to reduce to sponsoring date to 2 years?

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:37 pm

Once you complete 5 years on Tier 2, you can apply for ILR. Actually you can apply up to 28 days earlier than completing 5 years on Tier 2. At that point, you will require a letter from your current employer stating that you are required for the foreseeable future. It doesn''t really matter as to what was the expiry date of your COS. What is key here is the letter from your current employer where they state that you are required for the foreseeable future.
Anyone who have successfully received ILR based on their tier 2 would always have had their job end date in their CoS much sooner (mostly 1 year maximum at the time of application) as one can't get it for more than 6 years.

wtmlive

Post by wtmlive » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:42 pm

paradoxical wrote:Once you complete 5 years on Tier 2, you can apply for ILR. Actually you can apply up to 28 days earlier than completing 5 years on Tier 2. At that point, you will require a letter from your current employer stating that you are required for the foreseeable future. It doesn''t really matter as to what was the expiry date of your COS. What is key here is the letter from your current employer where they state that you are required for the foreseeable future.
Anyone who have successfully received ILR based on their tier 2 would always have had their job end date in their CoS much sooner (mostly 1 year maximum at the time of application) as one can't get it for more than 6 years.

My ILR Date is October 2018, I am getting a new CoS for 3 years issued to me in August, my question is should I ask my sponsors to reduce the extent of the cos so I will not exceed 6 years in total or let them issue me one for 3 years and the home office can sort out the dates when I apply for the extension , presuming they would only issue me until the 6 years on Tier 2 complete?

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:22 am

My ILR Date is October 2018, I am getting a new CoS for 3 years issued to me in August, my question is should I ask my sponsors to reduce the extent of the cos so I will not exceed 6 years in total or let them issue me one for 3 years and the home office can sort out the dates when I apply for the extension , presuming they would only issue me until the 6 years on Tier 2 complete?
The Home Office will certainly give you Tier 2 to get it to a maximum of 6 years only. I would suggest sorting the date with your employer and asking them to issue you COS so that the end date is the 6 year anniversary of your Tier 2. During application, you will then also end up paying slightly less health surcharge (if that matters).

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:30 am

Doesnt matter. Let them issue u a cos for 3 years.
your visa will be adjusted accordingly automatically.
Dont get into confusions, let it be a 3 years cos.

haseeb999
Newly Registered

Post by haseeb999 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:02 pm

I am also a nhs doctor ,you can stable non training jobs easily.