ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

set up other businesses

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

scholar 1
Newly Registered

set up other businesses

Post by scholar 1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi guys,

I hope this question has not been asked previously. I have successfully extended my ent. visa. I want to establish a new business while still carrying out the business for which I got extension. As an entrepreneur, am seeing good opportunities in the property sector which I want to take advantage of through formation of a new company. I know guidance say something like qualifying business for investment must not be in property. But can one have a new different business dealing in property with new investment while still maintaining old business all through ilr and beyond? Both businesses would be run separately and no funds from Coy A to B or vice versa. Do you think HO will raise objection at ilr? Any contribution would be appreciated.

seasky
BANNED

Re: set up other businesses

Post by seasky » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:35 pm

I cannot find the slightest issue with this pre or post extension. In your cover lever just say "I am claiming points for business A"

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:10 pm

scholar 1 wrote:Hi guys,

I hope this question has not been asked previously. I have successfully extended my ent. visa. I want to establish a new business while still carrying out the business for which I got extension. As an entrepreneur, am seeing good opportunities in the property sector which I want to take advantage of through formation of a new company. I know guidance say something like qualifying business for investment must not be in property. But can one have a new different business dealing in property with new investment while still maintaining old business all through ilr and beyond? Both businesses would be run separately and no funds from Coy A to B or vice versa. Do you think HO will raise objection at ilr? Any contribution would be appreciated.
If you have already extended my t1 ent visa . For ILR you don't need to show any investments anymore all they required is 2 full times jobs . I think after Ext you can change your business or open another one HO should not have any objection on that .
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:10 pm

kapoorinusa wrote:
scholar 1 wrote:Hi guys,

If you have already extended my t1 ent visa . For ILR you don't need to show any investments anymore all they required is 2 full times jobs . I think after Ext you can change your business or open another one HO should not have any objection on that .
You have to show employment and genuine entrepreneurs test. As such it should be in allowed business activity (but you can have other business activity)