ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

some concerns...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tersia2010
Newly Registered

some concerns...

Post by Tersia2010 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:28 pm

Hey guys.

I was just wondering.....

based on 5 year EU family

application made: 22 Aug 2016
first letter received from them, including application fee receipt: 5 Oct 2016
sent in our EU3 approval letter on: 29 November 2016

my sons got 2nd stage letter on: 9 Feb 2016.
They requested birth certs of my children a week later - 2 South African children and 1 Irish child (born 2015).
i received my 2nd stage letter on: 15 Feb 2016

in this letter they said 70% of applications will be done within 6 months. I know that some peeps that applied around the same time as us have already received they're approval letter....

Now i'm really worried, as we moved from UK, where i overstayed and got that 10 year ban on me. Our first Stamp 4 application was refused and we had to request a review.

So my questions are...
Will that UK immigration problem push our timeline back?
and what does 2nd stage really mean? what kind of checks do they do in this stage.

thank you

crisbella218
China

Re: some concerns...

Post by crisbella218 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:22 pm

Tersia2010 wrote:Hey guys.

I was just wondering.....

based on 5 year EU family

application made: 22 Aug 2016
first letter received from them, including application fee receipt: 5 Oct 2016
sent in our EU3 approval letter on: 29 November 2016

my sons got 2nd stage letter on: 9 Feb 2016.
They requested birth certs of my children a week later - 2 South African children and 1 Irish child (born 2015).
i received my 2nd stage letter on: 15 Feb 2016

in this letter they said 70% of applications will be done within 6 months. I know that some peeps that applied around the same time as us have already received they're approval letter....

Now i'm really worried, as we moved from UK, where i overstayed and got that 10 year ban on me. Our first Stamp 4 application was refused and we had to request a review.

So my questions are...
Will that UK immigration problem push our timeline back?
and what does 2nd stage really mean? what kind of checks do they do in this stage.

thank you
During the 2nd stage they will contact relevant people to ask about you i.e. employer, references, maybe your bank even. If you have had a ban from the UK I'm not really sure that will affect your application. However they may contact the UK authorities to ask about your immigration history. When you got a ban was it inserted into your passport? If so when they look at it they would know you have been banned. I would say this would be why your application is delayed and your having problems renewing stamp 4.

Irish citizenship according to the Irish government is given at the discretion of the Minister. So you have to be of good character. Getting banned from the UK will not count as good character so you should hope for the best and expect the worst.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi Tersia2010:

Irish immigration have very close contacts with UKBA and they definitely carry checks on people. I am saying that from my personal experience.

I am an naturalized Irish citizen and back in 2012 when I applied for my citizenship, I was told that I have adverse UK immigration history which was not true. For more than 6 months I was trying to explain to DOJ that the report which they got from UKBA has a different DOB and nationality but because of the exact name match they were dragging my application.

Finally after 6 months of back and forth correspondence DOJ accepted my application.

So, if you are ban from the UK that might comeback to you for explanation....

I know it's a difficult time for you but it will pass....

All the best...

Tersia2010
Newly Registered

Post by Tersia2010 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:07 am

thank you...

in 2008 i went to the uk on a visit visa, met my husband and we applied to COA to get married. during that time citizen advice advised us to apply for my spouse visa after our marriage (feb 2009)). The uk refused on grounds that my visit visa expired and that they thought we had a marriage of convenience. we tried to fight them, but had no luck, so we moved here.

2010 when we applied for our first stamp4 it was refused, on grounds of marriage.
we did the review and was it was granted in 2011.

jan 2015 our son was born and we applied permanent residence, that was approved dec 2016 without any problems.

i dont have any ban stamped into my passport, they told me upon leaving that i would not be able to return within 10 years.