ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa extension after 2.5 years

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

badmaash

spouse visa extension after 2.5 years

Post by badmaash » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:16 pm

my wife came to join me in december 2015, i applied under adequate maintenance route as i am disabled and get PIP. i just want to confirm what i will need next time round?

am i correct to say she will need to pass a A2 language test? also do i need to fill in form FLR? and which documents do i need to send ?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: spouse visa extension after 2.5 years

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:29 pm

Yes, A2 English test for applications after 1st May 2017.

The form is FLR(M) and she will need to submit all the same evidence again plus proof of 2 years cohabitation. Page 65/66 of the FLR(M) form gives good examples of what HO expects to see.

She can apply by post or pay a bit extra and apply in person for a same day decision.

See link below for the updated 'adequate maintenance 2016/17' calculation.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 05533.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:12 pm

well we have baby daughter, and she has a driving licence is that enough, or could you send me the link pls

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:17 pm

Link for what? If you mean FLR(M), just google it, it is usually the couple of links to the form and guidance notes.

She will need more than the drivers licence and a baby to prove you are living together and the marriage is subsisting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.