ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation marriage interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ktlkaaa

Naturalisation marriage interview

Post by ktlkaaa » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:41 pm

Hey guys

My history is as follows:
2006-2011 student visa
2011-2012 post study work visa
2012 I got flr(m) and renewed this after 2.5 years
December 2016 granted ILR based on 10 years long residence

I can apply for naturalisation immediately after ILR now since I am married to a BC.

I have nothing complicated in my history. All previous visa applications were straightforward and quickly granted. Both FLR (M) granted same day via premium service without issues. We were never invited for a marriage interview.

Does anyone know if at naturalisation stage couples are often invited for a marriage interview? They never interviewed us previously so maybe they would look at the application now and use this opportunity for an interview. There is nothing in my history that should seem suspicious or flag up. Just want some info on how often couples are invitied to interview when naturalisation application has been made based on being married to a BC.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation marriage interview

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:56 pm

Does anyone know if at naturalisation stage couples are often invited for a marriage interview?
No. Interviews are very rare for naturalisation cases.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ktlkaaa

Post by ktlkaaa » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Yes I thought so but I came across a couple of threads on this forum regarding naturalisation marriage interviews which threw me off

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95-20.html
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 04427.html
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 82987.html

although it seems that from all these instances, only 2 are actual marriage interviews. the rest were naturalisation interviews regarding LITUK and English qualifications

I guess it seems that they do have naturalisation interviews although as you said quite rare? possibly only where something flags up or they have a reason to suspect something?

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:44 pm

If you are genuinely married then you should not worry in the rare instance that you get called for an interview just answer the questions truthfully and you will be phone