ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canadian PR card - should be submitted with ILR application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

barabashka

Canadian PR card - should be submitted with ILR application?

Post by barabashka » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Dear All

I have PEO appointment early next week for ILR (Tier 2, 5 year residency route).
I have completed the form, collected the documents, employer letters, all seem to be in order.

However, now I think, perhaps I need to bring my Canadian PR Card? I am Canadian PR for many years, way before I was granted Tier 2 visa 5 years ago. My Canadian PR status does not expire because my spouse is Canadian Citizen and we live together in the UK.
Canadian PR card is in fact a type of travel document, as I need the card when I travel to Canada...I think the Set(O) instructions mention that I have to submit ALL travel documents I have?
Does it mean I have to submit my Canadian PR Card together with my passports (new and old)?

Anyone knows?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Canadian PR card - should be submitted with ILR applicat

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:49 pm

You are over thinking it. Your Canadian PR card has no relevance to your ILR application and there is no need to submit it. You only need to submit your passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

barabashka

Re: Canadian PR card - should be submitted with ILR applicat

Post by barabashka » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Many thanks. Much appreciated!