ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint Form AN and passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mthom123
Newly Registered

Joint Form AN and passport application

Post by mthom123 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi

I have seen some historical posts on the forum saying if doing a JCAP application (simultaneous application for Naturalisation and for British Passport) through NCS that if the Form AN referees' section has already been completed, then the Passport form's Countersignature section (section 10) is not required.

Is this still the case? Or should I get the Countersignature section completed as a precaution anyway?

Thanks
M

mrbly
Newly Registered

Re: Joint Form AN and passport application

Post by mrbly » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi
I'm going through this JCAP process now too and received a letter in my passport pack with the instructions
below. It appears that you don't need to fill in Section 10 but do check with the NCS centre you are planning to use.

=======================

Application Form

When you fill in the form, please make sure that:

Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. They do not need to complete section 10 nor have the 2 photographs certified. Details of referees will be collected as part of the citizenship application.

You need to bring in three photographs. The photographs submitted with both applications must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. The applicant’s name should be written on the back of one photograph.
Section 1: Any applicant within 6 months of their 16th birthday at the time of application must attend the appointment in person.
Section 2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead.
Section 4: Grandparents’ details are not required.
The payment mandate on Page 25 of the Application guidance must be completed, but do not fill in the barcode section. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box
If you are unsure about any requirements leave the section of the form blank and complete it at your appointment.

blessedtoday

Re: Joint Form AN and passport application

Post by blessedtoday » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:20 pm

mthom123 wrote:Hi

I have seen some historical posts on the forum saying if doing a JCAP application (simultaneous application for Naturalisation and for British Passport) through NCS that if the Form AN referees' section has already been completed, then the Passport form's Countersignature section (section 10) is not required.

Is this still the case? Or should I get the Countersignature section completed as a precaution anyway?

Thanks
M
This is still the case you can contact your local NCS to confirm but as far as we are aware no need to countersign