ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another query on Job Creation - SIGH!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

The Symbol

Another query on Job Creation - SIGH!

Post by The Symbol » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:12 pm

Hey guys,

This might be trivial but I am losing my sleep over it so I thought better to ask here.

So keeping it simple, have 2 employees who worked for 7 and 17 months; full time throughout. Query is my first employee started on 2nd of Feb 2015 as 1st was Sunday and that's the date I have on all relevant documents including FPS. Payslip shows 130 hours monthly so that's not the issue but would starting on 2nd of the month can cause problem (as in not counting the whole month of employment?). The employee left on 31st August. And I was planning to claim 7 months for this employee under Job Creation. Would that be an issue?

I never thought of this before and could be a silly one but I was just doing my final checks and stumbled upon on the last page of guidance where in Annex F; the example says they started on 4/1/15 and finishing on 4/1/16. Like bang on same date and hence, my query!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Another query on Job Creation - SIGH!

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:55 pm

That is why I have repeated hundreds of times to calculate a work period on a weekly basis. Your employee worked full 30 weeks which you can claim.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:20 am

I don't understand how there can be so many queries on this forum on job creation that end up being 'exactly' the minimum time needed. Sometimes down to the hour. -SIGH!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Zimba's reply does raise a question.

If you have to look at it as weeks, then does it mean 52 weeks ?

The requirement for a single job to go 12 months does bring some challenges - especially when you are in a start up when the requirements can change over time. I am assuming they made this interpretation strict because someone abused it but this feels like the Home office dictating how I should run my business and set my employment practices.

If the extension period of leave starts from the expiry date of the initial leave, then I am fine. But if it starts from the date of issue of extension, then I may be in the border line (haven't actually calculated). Again, if they take into account time until the decision is made, I am ok.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:53 pm

If you have to look at it as weeks, then does it mean 52 weeks ?
Yes, a year is 52 weeks
The requirement for a single job to go 12 months does bring some challenges - especially when you are in a start up when the requirements can change over time. I am assuming they made this interpretation strict because someone abused it but this feels like the Home office dictating how I should run my business and set my employment practices.
There is no such requirement pre April 2014, for post April 2014 a job needs to exist 52 weeks but that does not need to be continuous :!:
If the extension period of leave starts from the expiry date of the initial leave, then I am fine. But if it starts from the date of issue of extension, then I may be in the border line (haven't actually calculated). Again, if they take into account time until the decision is made, I am ok.
I answered this hundreds of times here. The jobs ALWAYS need to be created during the LAST GRANT OF LEAVE . This means that ONLY jobs created AFTER extension will count towards ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:02 am

Thank you.

From the guidance, pre-April 2014 is still limited to the additional three examples - one job of 24 months, 18+6 months or 4 jobs of 6 months. Or do they continue to be flexible with other combinations - 13 months on one job and 11 on another ?

Sorry I did not see previous answers. A follow up question though (hopefully not replied before also) would the period "LAST GRANT OF LEAVE" go on until the decision date ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:39 pm

marcnath wrote: From the guidance, pre-April 2014 is still limited to the additional three examples - one job of 24 months, 18+6 months or 4 jobs of 6 months. Or do they continue to be flexible with other combinations - 13 months on one job and 11 on another ?
The requirement is equivalent of two full time jobs, so as long as you have min of 24 months of employment you should be fine.
Sorry I did not see previous answers. A follow up question though (hopefully not replied before also) would the period "LAST GRANT OF LEAVE" go on until the decision date ?
I would say no. Your last grant of leave could only be your initial period (for extension) or the extension period (for ILR)