ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SIMILARITY WITH REFEREE'S NAME

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mat1972
Newly Registered

SIMILARITY WITH REFEREE'S NAME

Post by Mat1972 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi
I have booked my appointment with NCS and filled my AN form also. But just now I noticed that one of of my Referee's surname and my surname is same .Even though he is not a relative for me but a friend only.Do I need to mention regarding this? as he already mentioned in form that the relationship with applicant as 'FRIEND'.

Appreciated reply

Mat

Mat1972
Newly Registered

Re: SIMILARITY WITH REFEREE'S NAME

Post by Mat1972 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi
Any advise/comments please ?

Mat

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:18 pm

Mat1972 wrote:Hi
I have booked my appointment with NCS and filled my AN form also. But just now I noticed that one of of my Referee's surname and my surname is same .Even though he is not a relative for me but a friend only.Do I need to mention regarding this? as he already mentioned in form that the relationship with applicant as 'FRIEND'.

Appreciated reply

Mat
Hi Mat

I don't think its a problem but i will ring the citizenship department helpline on 0300 123 2253 to double check, they are known for giving people the wrong advise just to let you know.

To avoid confusion are you not able to get someone else with a different last name.

Mat1972
Newly Registered

Post by Mat1972 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi blessedtoday
Thank you