ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship question - Referees and other questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jacob123

British Citizenship question - Referees and other questions

Post by Jacob123 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Starting this thread as my last thread had to be locked. Request other members not to use this to ask their questions as I will use this thread for all questions hence writing detail about my case that will help other members and moderators to help me.

My case : Tier 1 General for 5 years + 1 Year ILR (Tier 1 General - May 2011, ILR - May 2016)

Planning to apply for Citizenship application for self and 3 dependents (wife and 2 children) in May, have already booked NCS appointment 2nd week of May.

Following on discussion from my other thread that had to be locked about referees -

Dear CR001,

Do we need to have referees who know us for 3 years. One of your suggestion is have teachers as referee for my children. The challenge is we shifted to a new area abt 3 years ago and Kids started school from Sept. By May when we plan to submit the application it will be short by about 3 months. Somewhere I have read that the reefrees shd be knows to you for 3 years at the minimum. Pls suggest

Cheers,
Jacob

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship question - Referees and other questi

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:06 pm

So sorry having to lock your other topic Jacob123 and thank you for your understanding.

Yes, referees must known the applicants for a minimum of 3 years.

As your children are older, the ones you have are fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:13 pm

CR001 wrote:So sorry having to lock your other topic Jacob123 and thank you for your understanding.

Yes, referees must known the applicants for a minimum of 3 years.

As your children are older, the ones you have are fine.
Thank you CR001. Sharing an experience from one of my friend whom I just spoke- For his children He went with a doctor friend who knew them at personal capacity (similar to what you have suggested it is just that in my case it is a director who knows kids at personal capacity) and also submitted/added a letter from school.

Cheers,
Jacob

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:20 pm

That should be acceptable yes.

You could also look at a pharmacist maybe, personal license holder (off license owner), etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:47 pm

Dear all, I am now filling form AN for self and my wife and MN1 for kids. Have taken NCS/passport appointment for first week of May

Have following question on AN form, your reply will be of great help:

1.1 Ref no of immigration Application - What no to write I have all the letters from Tier 1, Ext and ILR but not able to find any no that is consistent across all

1.10 National insurance No - Is it the UK national Insurance no. I am confused as the previous questions are all checking the background and then suddenly UK NI no does not fit there. Are they expecting me to NI from my Country of birth (there is no such thing as NI there)

1.49 Address of tax office - I read other posts and members have suggested to check the P60 but I could not find any tax office address in P60.

5.2 -It asks for Refree's Age
5.3 - It asks for Refree's date of birth - Am I understanding 5.2 and 5.3 right?

6.7 - BRP Enclosed - I am selecting Yes. Is that correct because actually as part of NCS we do not send the actual BRP
6.11 - I am planning to select No as I will send post citizenship. Is that correct selection

7.5 - As part of the form I am not required to provide my wife's passport. Should I still select the check box. In the AN guide it expects us to select the check box

Form MN1 have following questions:
1.1 - Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered - I am not sure what to write here. I am India under 5+1 year route, no previous British connection and none of my children are born here

1.4 - Title - For a 14 year old boy what title shd I select - Shd I mention Master in the others area

4.4 - Address of Tax office for children? What shd be mentioned
6.21 - The signature will be from one of the parents right?
8.9 - This seems to be linked to 1.1

Many thanks for taking time out to help me.

Kind regards,
Jacob

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:21 am

Form AN

1.1 Leave blank if you don't have one or can't find it.

1.10 Yes, your UK national insurance number.

1.49 Speak to your HR. It is definitely in your P60 though.

5.2 & 5.3 Yes, why should HO work it out. Just ask your referees to complete as appropriate (they should be completing the referee page not you).

6.7 Should be fine, otherwise ask NCS when you attend.

6.11 Is this related to the BRP?? Ask NCS when you attend.

7.5 If you are applying on the basis of spouse of BC then yes. If your spouse is not a BC, then no.

Form MN1 have following questions:

1.1 If the child was born in India, then section 3(1) of the nationality act. If children born WITHIN the UK, then it is section 1(3).

1.4 Master should be fine or Mr. It doesn't appear on his passport or anything.

4.4 It does say IF APPLICABLE. Some 16 year olds work for example. Leave blank if it doesn't apply to your children.

6.21 Yes

8.9 Not applicable to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Dear CR001, Greatly appreciate your help.

1.49 Speak to your HR. It is definitely in your P60 though. - I checked the P60 for myself and my wife again. There is no Tax office address but what is there is Employer PAYE Reference Number. Is this the same this as tax office reference. Based on your advise I have dropped a mail to HR team also to check

I have filled the form based on your inputs on all other points. Hoping that they do not make changes in the form from now till my appointment else the entire thing would need to be filled again.

Thanks again,
Jacob

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:51 am

PAYE Ref equates to Tax Office Ref, because one element is the tax office identifier.
Wish all goes well for you.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:49 pm

alterhase58 wrote:PAYE Ref equates to Tax Office Ref, because one element is the tax office identifier.
Wish all goes well for you.
Many thanks alterhase58

warm regards,
Jacob

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:03 am

Dear all, Have NCS and JCAP appointment early next week. Based on guidance notes and also invaluable inputs from this forum members and moderators I have completed all the documentation.

It will be extremely helpful to have someone review and let me know if all documents are fine or I am missing anything.

Following is the list of documents I have compiled:

Self and Wife:
1. Completed AN. The two referees are 1. UK citizen and Director of a VAT registered company 2. UK citizen and IT professional
2. Photographs
3. English language - I got my ILR last yesr hence selected proved after Oct 2013 as option but still I am taking Naric letter used during ILR to show degree was taught in english (I have also taken degree certificate and letter from University that degree was taught in English as backup)
4. Life in UK pass certificate
5. 12 payslips from April 16 to March 17 (as P60 is still awaited for the latest year). Also have taken P60 from 2012- 2016(4 years P60)
6. Have taken Employment/tax paid statement from HMRC for last 5 years (they sent it within one week of me calling them)
7. Employment letter from the employer(showing start date of employment and presence in UK, salary etc)
8. All passports and Biometric Card

Children:
1. Form MN1
2. Photographs
3. Letter from school mentioning the start date and willingness to continue till the time they grow out of that school. My daughter's school also added in the letter on her good behaviour etc - The two referees for children are 1. UK citizen and Director of a VAT registered company 2. UK citizen and IT professional. Hence took letter from school as an additional measure as also suggested by CR001
4. Birth certificate
5. Our marriage certificate
6. All passports and Biometric card

Question:

1. In the fees leaflet with AN forms - I have kept the amount part blank . Do I need to mention £1282 each as part of mine and my wife's form. There is a confusion with additional money needed for ceremony hence have left it blank to be verified and filled during the NCS appointment
2. In the fees leaflet with MN1 forms - I have kept the amount part blank . DO I need to mention £973 each as part of both of my kids form, they are both less than 16 years. There is a confusion with additional money needed for ceremony hence have left it blank to be verified and filled during the NCS appointment
3. Passport fees - Myself and my wife - £72.50 each, Kids - £46 each. Have kept it blank now to be filled at the time of NCS/JCAP appintment
3. My pay slips are online and I got them attested by company HR. However there is a new one now for the month of April that came out on the 30th. Do I need to submit this one also or can skip. Asking as i need to find a way to get this attested from HR as well

Thanks once again for all the help. I will post the progress and lessons learnt in the relevant area.

Cheers,
Jacob

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:56 pm

Will greatly appreciate if someone can review this. One more day to go.

Thanks,
Jacob
Jacob123 wrote:Dear all, Have NCS and JCAP appointment early next week. Based on guidance notes and also invaluable inputs from this forum members and moderators I have completed all the documentation.

It will be extremely helpful to have someone review and let me know if all documents are fine or I am missing anything.

Following is the list of documents I have compiled:

Self and Wife:
1. Completed AN. The two referees are 1. UK citizen and Director of a VAT registered company 2. UK citizen and IT professional
2. Photographs
3. English language - I got my ILR last yesr hence selected proved after Oct 2013 as option but still I am taking Naric letter used during ILR to show degree was taught in english (I have also taken degree certificate and letter from University that degree was taught in English as backup)
4. Life in UK pass certificate
5. 12 payslips from April 16 to March 17 (as P60 is still awaited for the latest year). Also have taken P60 from 2012- 2016(4 years P60)
6. Have taken Employment/tax paid statement from HMRC for last 5 years (they sent it within one week of me calling them)
7. Employment letter from the employer(showing start date of employment and presence in UK, salary etc)
8. All passports and Biometric Card

Children:
1. Form MN1
2. Photographs
3. Letter from school mentioning the start date and willingness to continue till the time they grow out of that school. My daughter's school also added in the letter on her good behaviour etc - The two referees for children are 1. UK citizen and Director of a VAT registered company 2. UK citizen and IT professional. Hence took letter from school as an additional measure as also suggested by CR001
4. Birth certificate
5. Our marriage certificate
6. All passports and Biometric card

Question:

1. In the fees leaflet with AN forms - I have kept the amount part blank . Do I need to mention £1282 each as part of mine and my wife's form. There is a confusion with additional money needed for ceremony hence have left it blank to be verified and filled during the NCS appointment
2. In the fees leaflet with MN1 forms - I have kept the amount part blank . DO I need to mention £973 each as part of both of my kids form, they are both less than 16 years. There is a confusion with additional money needed for ceremony hence have left it blank to be verified and filled during the NCS appointment
3. Passport fees - Myself and my wife - £72.50 each, Kids - £46 each. Have kept it blank now to be filled at the time of NCS/JCAP appintment
3. My pay slips are online and I got them attested by company HR. However there is a new one now for the month of April that came out on the 30th. Do I need to submit this one also or can skip. Asking as i need to find a way to get this attested from HR as well

Thanks once again for all the help. I will post the progress and lessons learnt in the relevant area.

Cheers,
Jacob

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi Jacob,

Your documents are all fine, you actually wont need all of them.

Questions 1-3, Yes you can leave them blank for now and can fill in during the NCS appointment with the advise from NCS person.
Question 4 - You wont need payslips, since you have your passports for last 5 years.

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:40 am

Thank you so much RRSB2012. Appreciate your help.

Cheers,
Jacob
RRSB2012 wrote:Hi Jacob,

Your documents are all fine, you actually wont need all of them.

Questions 1-3, Yes you can leave them blank for now and can fill in during the NCS appointment with the advise from NCS person.
Question 4 - You wont need payslips, since you have your passports for last 5 years.

Jacob123

British Citizenship question and my NCS experience

Post by Jacob123 » Sun May 14, 2017 11:15 am

My experience from NCS/JCAP appointment

Applied on the basis of – 5 yr tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Application was for self + spouse + 2 children (both less than 16)
You can read my previous message for the docs I compiled as a preparation

During the appointment for myself and my wife all was needed was completed AN form, Life in UK pass letter, Naric letter+degree certificate, marriage certificate (this they asked as her name had changed after marriage), passports and biometric card. I had letter from employee, HMRC record, P60 etc etc but none of them was needed because I am full time employed.

For the children it was just completed MN1 form, passport, birth certificate. They need marriage certificate but that was taken as part of my wife’s application any way. I requested him to take letter from school for both the kids and the gentleman accepted my request. The letter had time my kids are in their school and about their good behaviour

All 4 applications were sent in one packet to home office.
I had created 4 different payment sheet but then at the spot one combined payment sheet was filled
Same for passport one combined payment sheet for all 4

Overall very good experience, time booked was 2 hours and we came out exactly after two hours. Myself and my wife went for the appointment, Kids were not needed.

Many thanks to the forum members and moderators and especially to CR001 for the help in completing the forms. I will keep you all updated.

Cheers,
Jacob