ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mention solved tax matters in Cover letters?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seasky
BANNED

Mention solved tax matters in Cover letters?

Post by seasky » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:10 pm

I asked my accountant to look into may taxes and I ended up owing some and paid it in full (about half a monthly salary)

Should I mention in ILR cover letter?

seasky
BANNED

Re: Mention solved tax matters in Cover letters?

Post by seasky » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:34 am

Bump

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:26 am

seasky wrote:Bump
I did mention in mine. After 10 months I got a 6 page questionnaire asking details of self employment and amendment. My amendment was to include additional amount on what I showed to Ukvi in 2012-2013.
R

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:23 pm

You do NOT need to declare tax amendments and changes with your visa application unless asked by HO.
HO is quite sensitive to tax amendments done by Tier 1 General applicants as their declared income is a crucial basis for which visas were granted. Tax discrepancies and mismanaging of tax affairs is viewed as attempts to deceive HO and HMRC to pay less tax and secure a visa.

Under Tier 1E visa there is not an income threshold for getting a visa, however your tax affairs still need to be managed correctly.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice