ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DX "Arrange a delivery" card and Post Office Card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nzekells

DX "Arrange a delivery" card and Post Office Card

Post by Nzekells » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:28 pm

Hello,

I applied for ILR back in December via variation. I just came back to the house now to find two cards: one from DX and the other from Post Office. I think it is possible the DX is from the Home Office, as they are the only ones that use the service that I know. At the risk of sounding desperate and recognising the fact you are not soothsayers, is it likely they are delivering my documents? Does DX deliver refused-application documents?
Opinion is researchedly mine!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: DX "Arrange a delivery" card and Post Office Card

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:34 pm

Possibly. Suggest contact DX to either redeliver or arrange to collect.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Thanks CR001. I just arranged for re-delivery now. Will check out Post Office tomorrow. DX will be re-delivered on Monday.

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:19 pm

UPDATE: I just got a refund of £500 Immigration Health Surcharge into my bank account. Bank text alert says it was done yesterday 16/03/17 (even though it just got thru). It is looking increasingly likely.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:35 am

If you have received health surcharge back then its quite possible that your ILR application has been approved. Good Luck

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:00 am

If you were applying for ILR, why did you pay the IHS surcharge? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:42 am

The OP probably varied the application to ILR as per the original post.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:53 am

Well spotted!
Nzekells wrote:I applied for ILR back in December via variation.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Nzekells

Re: DX "Arrange a delivery" card (Update)

Post by Nzekells » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:51 pm

First, all glory to Jesus for a journey well spent. And thanks to the UK govt for stretching me extremely, making me a better man in the process. Thanks Bruteforce, Casa, Vinny and CR001. Thank you everybody who has ever written a single line of word in this forum. @Casa: as pointed out by Bruteforce and Vinny, I varied to this application from FLR(FP) hence my payment of the IHS.

Quick Timeline:
Student visa from beginning till refusal in 2009. (Followed by appeal refusal, reconsideration refusal, and then a fresh, successful Tier4 Student visa application and a successful PSW application)
T1Entrepreneur visa from 2013 to 2016 September (at this time short of ILR qualifying period by 69 days).
My and my wife's initial FLR(FP) Private Life application was made in September 2016.
December, I varied mine to SET(LR) and for my wife, I submitted another FLR(FP) - this time, she is the main applicant.
This morning, I went to the post office and collected my docs, including my passports, Masters degree cert, LIUK 'cert' and most 'eye-catchingly', my ILR approval letter :lol: .
From variation to approval took 3.5 months.

Thanks very much. This forum has been a huge help to me and my family since 2012 in my immigration journey. I think the HO still has loads of ILR in the basket. Keep calm, keep right and take charge. Once again, thank you. New life, here we go!

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:01 pm

I reckon I can now register my two UK born children as citizens right away?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:03 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Really please it worked out well for you. :)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

paru.org
India

Re: DX "Arrange a delivery" card (Update)

Post by paru.org » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:18 pm

congrats
did u paid full fees for ur varying ILR app or just the difference?

Nzekells wrote:First, all glory to Jesus for a journey well spent. And thanks to the UK govt for stretching me extremely, making me a better man in the process. Thanks Bruteforce, Casa, Vinny and CR001. Thank you everybody who has ever written a single line of word in this forum. @Casa: as pointed out by Bruteforce and Vinny, I varied to this application from FLR(FP) hence my payment of the IHS.

Quick Timeline:
Student visa from beginning till refusal in 2009. (Followed by appeal refusal, reconsideration refusal, and then a fresh, successful Tier4 Student visa application and a successful PSW application)
T1Entrepreneur visa from 2013 to 2016 September (at this time short of ILR qualifying period by 69 days).
My and my wife's initial FLR(FP) Private Life application was made in September 2016.
December, I varied mine to SET(LR) and for my wife, I submitted another FLR(FP) - this time, she is the main applicant.
This morning, I went to the post office and collected my docs, including my passports, Masters degree cert, LIUK 'cert' and most 'eye-catchingly', my ILR approval letter :lol: .
From variation to approval took 3.5 months.

Thanks very much. This forum has been a huge help to me and my family since 2012 in my immigration journey. I think the HO still has loads of ILR in the basket. Keep calm, keep right and take charge. Once again, thank you. New life, here we go!

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks, Paru. I paid the difference at variation.