ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1A stamp: considerations

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

1A stamp: considerations

Post by a.s.b.o » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Hello, I am getting married in Russia, with a Russian national and will bring my wife back to UK. I need an advise whether applying for a FAMILY PERMIT (at the embassy in Russia) or 1A (at the border) is the most appropriate step.

I marry my wife-to-be in mid may 2017, followed by a honeymoon trip to Israel. We return back around mid-to-late May 2017. I have a lecturer job offer in UK and have a contract at hand starting from 01 June 2017. I am an Irish national, applied for a Permanent Residence in February 2017. Application for a FP seems to be the most straightforward but runs contrary to a number of hints to go with 1A:

1. Time (10 days, including w.ends, to secure a visa for my wife)
2. Problems with the embassy: I have successfully appealed via UK courts decisions of this embassy regarding FP application for my parents (currently in UK) in the past. I am not at all satisfied of their impartiality given the current political climate and home immigration-related pressures to entrust them not to feck it up.

My wife-to-be has a schengen visa that would enable us to go to France / Belgium and to board UK-bound transport. We would of course have all supporting document to try to convince HO liaison officer.

I am naturally worried about this route. My wife-to-be is not the type of person supporting non-traditional problem-solving. I am considering 1A to be preferred route. I am however, very much open to suggestions as to the more appropriate route.

I will be indebted for suggestions.

ABo.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Re: 1A stamp: considerations

Post by a.s.b.o » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:27 pm

would someone share some experience re: 1A? Thank you

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:20 pm

eea-route-applications/entered-uk-under ... l#p1446067

here's my experience buddy.

I've travelled 3 times since Oct 2016 (application with HO).

Recently came back on 10/03/2017

Hope this helps.
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Ikonkar wrote:eea-route-applications/entered-uk-under ... l#p1446067

here's my experience buddy.

I've travelled 3 times since Oct 2016 (application with HO).

Recently came back on 10/03/2017

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much!!!

I am a bit unclear: I want to use 1A because I think that embassy my try to cause us some troubles. They have done so in the past. Would 1A be a 'walk-around' tool?

With regards to your experience, when you broader the bus bound for LONDON, you were not asked for UK visa? Did they check your SCHENGEN visa?

Thank you