ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I have to mention no insurance fine of 85 pounds?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zdenley
Newly Registered

Do I have to mention no insurance fine of 85 pounds?

Post by Zdenley » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:58 pm

I am filling the forms right now for something that happened last year. So basically I was stopped for driving without insurance while I was mislead to believe I was insured by my broker. It turned out he was a bit dodgy making it in the first place. I do not know what he is doing now, may be battling in court. Anyway the judges believed me and did not endorse my license, however still they marked it with an 85 pounds fine excluding small costs.
Now where it asks weather or not I have penalties imposed on my regards to driving offenses do I say yes? Because how I see it a penalty is for example removing points from your license, but it says 0 offenses on my record. While a fine of 85 pounds seems to be equals the fines for parking tickets or a speeding ticket...

Casa

Re: Do I have to mention no insurance fine of 85 pounds?

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:00 pm

The fine was issued through the Court and it must be declared.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zdenley
Newly Registered

Post by Zdenley » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Then what do you think of a threat i read here:
third party weblink removed
regarding this issue. If it is just a fine is it considered spent after one year so I will not have to declare it?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:51 pm

You have been fined for a criminal offence. I suggest that you read through the guidance in the link below and also note the following:

"Certain immigration and nationality decisions are now exempt from section 4 of
the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. This means that it does not matter
whether a conviction is “spent” when assessing good character provided the
application was made in England, Wales or Scotland
."

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _D_v02.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zdenley
Newly Registered

Post by Zdenley » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:23 pm

Ok I think I will have to mention it. One more question is the date of the penalty. I originally thought this was the date of the offense committed, but structured like that what should I place - is it the date the fine got issued - march 2017?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:28 pm

Zdenley wrote:Ok I think I will have to mention it. One more question is the date of the penalty. I originally thought this was the date of the offense committed, but structured like that what should I place - is it the date the fine got issued - march 2017?
Yes. Issue date
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:37 pm

Zdenley wrote:Then what do you think of a threat i read here:
third party weblink removed
regarding this issue. If it is just a fine is it considered spent after one year so I will not have to declare it?
Kindly refrain from posting third party links.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:24 am

Could you keep us posted on ur application updates..
I'm in sort of similar situation, got speeding fine through court somewhere mid-2015 and applied naturalisation on 3rd of this month